I survived the 1st week....

Options
Feeling really motivated and proud... I survived my 1st week. I'm down 5 lbs since last Wednesday. My meals are consistent (except this weekend) and even though I didn't do cardio last week, I didn't miss a strength training class.

I have 55 more lbs to go but this number is too overwhelming (for me)... so I have set up mini goals to meet. My mini goal is 3 lbs per week - week 1: CHECK!

Replies

• soaps54
    soaps54 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Way to go! Here's to continued success. :-)
  • tboothgenthe
    Options
    Great job - stick with it.
  • sent4rmabove
    Options
    Thank you guys! =]
  • caroline_is_fine
    Options
    awesome! That is so great, I am the same way. 1 BIG number is overwhelming, but small steady weekly goals help! I have lost 36 pounds so far! so if I can do it, so can you! I had to pray for strength often, but God gave me the strength and self control, its a daily thing though!
  • david081
    david081 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Well done! However, the first week or so loss is usually bigger, as some is water. Don't be too disappointed if the amount lost drops. 2lb a week is considered the sensible maximum, although it can fluctuate a lot and I have lost 5lb in a week recently...

Good luck!

David
  • Ephena
    Ephena Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your success! I don't really want to be a downer but I do want to make you aware of a couple of things...

Many people have a loss upwards of 5 lbs their first week because they are eating cleaner and they drop a fair bit of water weight. This is not usually maintained thru the second week as the body has had time to adjust.

To loose 1lb of weight you have to have a deficit of 3500 calories. 3lbs a week is 10,500 calories. That's a lot! Your body will have trouble maintaining that kind of loss and you risk pushing your body into starvation mode. (I've been there so I'm speaking from experience)

Please be careful, you don't want to harm your body; you want to be healthy. Listen to your body, it will tell you what you need or don't need.
  • sent4rmabove
    Options
    awesome! That is so great, I am the same way. 1 BIG number is overwhelming, but small steady weekly goals help! I have lost 36 pounds so far! so if I can do it, so can you! I had to pray for strength often, but God gave me the strength and self control, its a daily thing though!

Congrats on your weight loss! That is amazing =] I too have to ask for strength and self control - I focus on today, everything else is overwhelming for me.