IRS REFUND

Options
MsGreatful
MsGreatful Posts: 9 Member
What's up with the refunds this year?

Replies

• shinueb
    Options
    The IRS is making EVERYBODY wait thier time out to weed out the fraud. Mine came 10 days with direct deposit. In main checks are taking longer to process this year. That's what I've heard :)
  • steph1278
    steph1278 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I e-filed on Feb 1 and got my direct deposit today.
  • beckylawrence70
    beckylawrence70 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    We usually pay so I'll file in April.......
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Just be glad you're getting a refund and not paying like some of us...
  • lynzy713
    lynzy713 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    i filed on the 1/25 and received my direct deposit on 2/3.
  • onedayillbamilf
    onedayillbamilf Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    Well, first you have to file, then they send you money unless you owe. Any questions?
  • dolphingrl2481
    dolphingrl2481 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I e-filed on Feb 1 and got my direct deposit today.

who did you go through?
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    I e-filed on 1/12. They started processing on 1/17 - my money was direct deposited into my account 1/25.
  • jsjaclark
    Options
    The IRS is slowing down refunds just a bit this year (especially sending checks) due to the number of fraudulent returns that were efiled last year (through identity theft). When the real taxpayer went to file their return, they found that one had already been efiled. Best to efile and request direct deposit to get the refund faster.
  • AlbertPooHoles
    AlbertPooHoles Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    What's up with the refunds this year?
    Please elaborate.
  • ChumSlickRick
    Options
    The IRS made a statement that they had a software glitch affecting anyone that e-filed before Jan 31 was going to get their return a week later than originally estimated. I filed on the 16th and am suppose to receive my return tomorrow.
  • Dtho5159
    Dtho5159 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    I e filed on January 28th thru Taxact and got it direct deposited on February 4th. However, we are simple, only claim our 2 kids and my husband only has 1 W2.
  • Jackie9950
    Jackie9950 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    My husband works in a different state than we live so I hate doing my state taxes, we always end up oweing like $700 in state taxes!
  • fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    we got our deposit on the 8th its gone and spent .....
  • frugalmomsrock
    Options
    I can't complain about the speed this year. :) Last year I was one of the lucky flagged folks that had to wait an extra two week processing! Not this year.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    I filed on 1/25 and I am still waiting. I did a status check with the IRS website and they said I would have it by the 2/14. I'm waiting with baited breath here because I am planning to use it to put a down payment on a house and closing is on the 2/22. They need to come on with it so I can sleep peacefully... DAMMIT!!

I did get the state back already. It's gone.
  • carolann_22
    carolann_22 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I've gotten both federal and state back- e-filed. State took 3 days, go Maryland! Federal took 10.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    We usually pay so I'll file in April.......
    We file in March usually, but our accountant sets it up so that the IRS can't take our money until April 15th.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    My husband works in a different state than we live so I hate doing my state taxes, we always end up oweing like $700 in state taxes!
    Then he needs to adjust his withholding...
  • brit49
    brit49 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    I filed on 1/25 and I am still waiting. I did a status check with the IRS website and they said I would have it by the 2/14. I'm waiting with baited breath here because I am planning to use it to put a down payment on a house and closing is on the 2/22. They need to come on with it so I can sleep peacefully... DAMMIT!!

Congrats on your home buying, Thats a smart move!!!:)