55 down, 25 to go!!

Options
I've posted on the success story board before and told a summary of my story...but the cliff's notes version is, I have struggled with my weight all my life. I have been fat, skinny, and everywhere in between. I fell in love with my amazing husband 8 years ago (he is also a chef) and steadily put on weight over that time, and then once we got married my weight got even worse. I started using MFP in April of 2011 and have lost 55 pounds so far!! I have about 25 pounds to get to my goal weight. My goal has never been to be skinny, but I want to be fit and curvy and just in great, healthy shape.

My husband and I had some photos taken by our amazing photographer friend a couple of years ago on our wedding anniversary. She took some more pictures of us this weekend and I wanted to post an example of each so you can see the difference!! I hope this inspires someone...I used to always come on the success stories board and lurk around to get motivation to work out!! Losing 55 pounds has not been easy, but thanks to MFP it honestly hasn't been that hard either!! I have incorporated exercise into my life in a big way, but I still eat what I want!! I just eat in moderation now. Anyway, on to the pictures!!

Here is a picture from October of 2010...
155077_10150319792965014_843335013_16107941_2687039_n.jpg

And here is a picture from last weekend, February 2012...
426603_10151266094890014_843335013_23270707_1797766885_n.jpg

And here is a side by side shot of my face :)
Screenshot2012-02-07at11924PM.png

Replies

• NewCyn
    NewCyn Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I LOVE your pics and so happy for your success! Great job taking care of you!!!!
  • Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    Wow I love all your pictures with your SO. Makes me inspired to go take some as well. :) Thanks for sharing! You both look amazing.
  • mymelody_78
    mymelody_78 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    Great job! LOVE the pics!!!
  • muffindowd
    Options
    Thanks so much!! The first picture is actually from October of 2010, not 2011...just edited that :). @ Ocarina - you should totally take some photos to celebrate losing 56 pounds!! I felt so much more confident than I did in the previous photo shoot...I would have never even attempted to wear a curve hugging dress like I did last weekend!!
  • Kate3873
    Options
    Wow! Awesome story of success!! Thank you so very much for sharing - such an inpiration!! Your pics are incredible!! Beautiful!!
  • sheila569
    sheila569 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    You look fabulous! BTW, absolutely love your style. The Leopard Print shrug... LOVEEE IT! Oh sorry, went all Jersey girl on ya there. lol
  • lo89ol
    lo89ol Posts: 59
    Options
    thanks for sharing! youre beautiful!!! congrats!
  • vinadity98
    vinadity98 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!!!
    16928947.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • muffindowd
    Options
    Thank you so much!! I didn't even realize until I looked back at those photos, but I have a leopard cardigan or shrug on in 3 out of 4 of them. Maybe I should get some different cardigans ;D.
  • iysys
    iysys Posts: 524
    Options
    you are just too darn cute!
  • LadyoftheDisc
    LadyoftheDisc Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Wow, you look AMAZING!! Thank you so much for sharing. You look really stunning, I love your curves and your dress is awesome! Great job lady!!!! :)
  • judynunes
    judynunes Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    you look great you are doing an awesome job!! and I have told you before love your style!!!
  • leeannewalker
    leeannewalker Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You look amaze!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • muffindowd
    Options
    Thank you so much!! :) I feel great after seeing our new photos and can't wait to say goodbye to the next 25 pounds. This is going to be great motivation for my workout tonight!! Thanks for the love <3:D
  • craek
    craek Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Wow gorgeous! Nice job!
  • Gwendalyne
    Gwendalyne Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    You look amazing great job!
  • stone307
    Options
    You look wonderful and fun photos.
  • olinka1981
    Options
    i love your pictures. i wish you also such a great life!
  • littlebuddy84
    littlebuddy84 Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options
    You look amazing g well done.
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    Wow look at those curves!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!