Not new to MFP but looking for running friends

Options
I'm just getting really into running and I'm hoping to run my first 5k in March this year.

I'm looking for other runners out there that I could become friends with and get their knowledge on running!! :smile:

:flowerforyou:

Replies

• JennS19
    JennS19 Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • jchocchip
    jchocchip Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I'm only just a runner, I've been doing the nhs couch to 5k program I'm on week 7 and can now do a slow jog for half an hour. What a difference a few weeks makes!
  • Collinsky
    Collinsky Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    I've been running for about 7 months now, starting with the C25K program - I've done 2 5Ks so far and am looking forward to spring for more of them! Add me if you like. :)
  • n8vchick77
    n8vchick77 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I'm a runner...well I'm getting back into it. Mostly doing it on the treadmill now because I hate the snow and cold and in my area of Canada there's plenty of it this time of year. Feel free to add me fellow runners!
  • scweegie
    Options
    I love running, and I would also like to make some new MFP friends.
  • AmyEm3
    AmyEm3 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I love running and I'm planning to do my first half marathon this summer.
  • Sarabeth5
    Sarabeth5 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I started running about 6 months ago and am training for a half marathon in May. Feel free to add me :)
  • jend114
    jend114 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I started running in October, feel free to add me
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    I just started running less than a month ago. Feel free to add me. :)
  • scs143
    scs143 Posts: 2,190 Member
    Options
    I finished c25k in October and ran my first 5k in November. Now I run 3x a week - 3-4 miles. I am trying to increase my distance to 5 miles this month. Feel free to friend me!
  • scapez
    scapez Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    Newish runner, will be doing my fourth 5K (since Oct. of last year) this coming Saturday. :drinker:
  • 4hotmama
    4hotmama Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I started running about a year and a half ago, did lots of 5Ks last spring & summer and did 10K in September, I am shooting for a half marathon in October this year, feel free to add;)
  • Inlet
    Inlet Posts: 135
    Options
    Hey! I am running my first 5k in March too. =) The 24th, to be exact. I am back after almost a year off, and training a lot slower and smarter. I used to just force myself to run what my friends were running and wound up CONSTANTLY injured. =p So... c25k it is.
    Please add me if you want to!
  • KPinkBow
    Options
    I just started the Couch-to-5K a few weeks ago -- signed up for my first 5k in March! It was hard to stick with it at first, but now I'm excited about it. I've never been a runner, but so far so good! Plus I get inspired by the cute running clothes I bought to run in :-) that really helped me get motivated!!
  • Maxingtonbear
    Maxingtonbear Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I started running in May of last year, by joining Team In Training. I did my 1st half marathon in October (Detroit Free Press). I'm still crazy slow but plugging away. Running is seriously frustrating! I dealt with a knee issue after only a few weeks & then intense shin splints for several months. I didn't think I would ever enjoy running. Feel free to add me- hopefully we can motivate each other!

Oh & your ticker is from the Detroit Tigers- are you in Michigan? I'm in Macomb County. :)
  • sabrina32576
    sabrina32576 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I'm just starting to run as well. My first 5k will be on May 19th. Feel free to add me too!
  • AmandaBroun
    Options
    I'm just restarting C25K again and eyeing a 5k the end of March. We'll see how it goes, though.
  • kayladreams
    kayladreams Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm new on here but I'd love to be friends! :) I used to be a runner in elementary and high school and I ran track, marathons, etc... but I started slacking and am trying to get back into it! I hope to be able to do a 5k again soon! Hope you don't mind if I add you! I really need some friends on here for motivation! :D
  • Beth720
    Beth720 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Runner here! Just did my first marathon in January! :)
  • gabe_irun4coffee
    gabe_irun4coffee Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I'm a runner, try to get out 3-4 times a week rain or shine, and well maybe snow today. Trying to get ready to do the Warrior Dash this summer. I tend to joke around a lot and have fun, because this is my life and I'm gonna enjoy it. Feel free too add me the more the merrier and good luck to all you runners!