Not even close...but I am proud!

Options
I started MFP January 2nd of this year. The first thing I did was look through all the success stories. I was so happy to see that people were accomplishing their goals, but I still had a negative view for myself. I kept telling myself I'd never get to post my own success story. That didn't stop me though, I worked hard all last month through the beginning of this month. I lost 19 pounds in a little over a month. I know it's a big number but I did everything I was supposed to. I ate all my calories, drank my water and went to the gym for 60 min M-F. I also stopped eating cookies every night, drinking soda, and ordering take-out every other day. So here I am 19 pounds lighter and I already see huge results. I finally get to post my own success picture. :) I still have a ways to go before I'm where I want to be...but I want to share this with everyone (especially people just beginning who are thinking they'll never get there like I thought when I first started). It takes time, dedication, patience, and hard work to get healthy. But the results and the feeling of being alive is sooo worth it!

http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm280/jessica_myoung/BigDifference-1.png

Be gentle!

Replies

• DestinyDarbi
    DestinyDarbi Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    BigDifference-1.png
  • DestinyDarbi
    DestinyDarbi Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I changed the IMG to lower case ^^^^

19 lbs has made a LOT of change to your body.. that is SOOOO awesome and you should be extremely proud!! Congrats!! Even if it's not close to where you want to be, it's a whopping 19 lbs closer, which is a huge VICTORY!! :flowerforyou:
  • ofthevalley
    Options
    Great job!!!
  • hofficoffi
    hofficoffi Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    You can see a massive difference! Well done hunni!!!! You should be proud of yourself! You can really see your waist starting to get more defined.

Well done!
    xxx
  • BoopsyBoop
    BoopsyBoop Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Thanks for fixing it! lol I'm a newbie at this! :) Thank you for the kind words too! YAY! :tongue:
  • inecita
    Options
    Awesome job! I cannot begin to tell you how happy I am to read that other folks like me are not only winning the battle of the bulge but also the combating negative emotions. Keep up the good work and hopefully, like you, I can post my own success story!!! <3
  • mebuthalf
    mebuthalf Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    You know that's exactly what my tummy looks like and I sometimes feel like it will never shrink. Thanks for the encouragement (cw233) its great to know it can shrink in the near future!
  • steveh08
    steveh08 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Very nice. You can so see a big difference. Keep up the amazing work.
  • BoopsyBoop
    BoopsyBoop Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    You know that's exactly what my tummy looks like and I sometimes feel like it will never shrink. Thanks for the encouragement (cw233) its great to know it can shrink in the near future!

Exactly! I thought the same way when I first started, but it is shrinking! I just recently started incorporated more strength training into my routine (arms, thighs, legs and abs) and that's when I really started to see the changes in my tummy area. Good luck! If I can do this...you can do it too...trust me. :P
  • th2much
    th2much Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    thats great!! keep up the good work!!
  • TOYGRRRL
    TOYGRRRL Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Great job! You can truly see the difference and in such a short period of time. Keep up all the hard work. You have every reason to be proud of yourself. :flowerforyou:
  • jj1983
    jj1983 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    definitly worth being proud of!!
  • r3d13
    r3d13 Posts: 139
    Options
    Awesome job. Keep up the great work!!!
  • april80s
    april80s Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! I can really see a difference. I can't tell you how proud I am of you! You are definetly an inspiration to me. Keep it up! Love ya cuz!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!