Loss of Motivation

Options
So, lately I have a complete loss of motivation. When I first started MFP, I was all about it! All day every day! I then lost a little bit of motivation and gained it back by doing the Jillian Michaels 30 day shred. Now....I've got nothin'. I am still watching what I eat, but I'll pick things that normally I would stay far away from. I have no desire to work out. I dont care what I eat (Thank God I have a little bit of discipline left otherwise I would be thru!). Im finding that I need more than just the 'ol pat on the back, and the "this is normal and its ok". I need to either see something, read something, that shocks my system! I will be getting married in a little over a year and even THAT isnt keeping me motivated.
The worst part about all of this, is I feel like if I have no desire to work out or really lock down what I eat, I must not want this enough. Or I'm not ready for the "life change". I'm just dieting and not really taking in what it means to live a health life style. But I'm so proud of all the weight I have loss, so how can I complain! Does anybody have any good motivational stories or words of encouragement? I'm afraid if I dont get it soon, I'll fall off the diet train : (

Replies

• debidietel069
    debidietel069 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Find someone to work out with.. this helps me. My boyfriend goes nightly with me to the gym so on those nights when I just dont want to go I go not to let him down. It works for me : )
  • swpglfgt
    Options
    I had the same issue. My wedding, my daughter's wedding, class reunion-nothing seemed to spark me. That is until I got into a friendly weight loss competition with a friend. We work out together and I am always pushed to do a little more when I see her doing more and vice versa. Crazy thing is that we don't really have a prize other than bragging rights. LOL
  • AprilEC
    AprilEC Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I had the same issue. My wedding, my daughter's wedding, class reunion-nothing seemed to spark me. That is until I got into a friendly weight loss competition with a friend. We work out together and I am always pushed to do a little more when I see her doing more and vice versa. Crazy thing is that we don't really have a prize other than bragging rights. LOL
    I have gave this a little shot before, but (and I fully admit) this can sometime be discouraging. I fall into the "why are they changing and NOTHING is happening to me?!". Trust me, not the way to think I know! I feel like I just need to get over it, worry about myself and just go hard on everything. Get super serious. The only worry? How long will it last!?
  • ItsMeRebekah
    ItsMeRebekah Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    i look at myself and say what do you really want, do you not really care? because its so easy not to care and if thats the deal, do it. i know in my heart i DO care and i want to be looking hot. you have to be ready in your mind IMO -- you are the only person who can be fed up and say enough is enough, do something woman!!
  • AprilEC
    Options
    i look at myself and say what do you really want, do you not really care? because its so easy not to care and if thats the deal, do it. i know in my heart i DO care and i want to be looking hot. you have to be ready in your mind IMO -- you are the only person who can be fed up and say enough is enough, do something woman!!
    Totally agree with you! And oh man have I gotten to that point! I guess sometimes you get tired of fighting the good fight! And you just want to eat whatever you want, however much you want and how often you want! It's an everyday struggle and its hard to get out of these funks sometimes.
  • Babybirdganz
    Babybirdganz Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Never ever give up!
    Whenever I feel like quitting I look at my success, I look at my goals, I look at EVERY reason I started changing my lifestyle and it usually motivates me right back on track. Even if you don't feel like working out at all, get up and do it! I always feel better about myself after a workout, and the more you do it with a positive outlook the more you will be motivated to do it!
    Good luck!
  • AprilEC
    Options
    Never ever give up!
    Whenever I feel like quitting I look at my success, I look at my goals, I look at EVERY reason I started changing my lifestyle and it usually motivates me right back on track. Even if you don't feel like working out at all, get up and do it! I always feel better about myself after a workout, and the more you do it with a positive outlook the more you will be motivated to do it!
    Good luck!
    Beautiful! ; ) It's all about the push!
  • ItsMeRebekah
    ItsMeRebekah Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    Totally agree with you! And oh man have I gotten to that point! I guess sometimes you get tired of fighting the good fight! And you just want to eat whatever you want, however much you want and how often you want! It's an everyday struggle and its hard to get out of these funks sometimes.
    it is an everyday struggle, and when im having a hard time i lean on my lovin man and say "i need a hug baby" lol then he coddles me and tells me everything that he loves abt me and it makes me feel better.. bc a number is just that, a number on a scale/pair of pants/shirt.... yes its part of me but not WHO i am. every now and again you have to get around somebody who will remind you of that.. to me its my husband or my mom -- both will give me what i need to keep my head up and know that i am loved and that i matter and my struggles are nothing compared to who i am (wife, mother, daughter, sister, friend all that good stuff) and what i do in every day life.
  • ericagoms
    Options
    I actually watch youtube videos by Jennifer Nicole Lee! She is truly inspirational! I also just ordered a sample of Body By Vi shake. I will let you know how that works so maybe you could try it too! :0) I have felt like that this past month. I got so depressed that I stopped caring and thats when I had to care about myself the most. You are not alone! If you are sick and tired of being where you are lets do this together! Friend me and I will be here if you need me! :0) You might try a vision board of anything that makes you happy and gets you motivated, put it somewhere you will always see it and that might help too!