NSV, Might Have Started a War

Options
This weekend I was at my in-laws house. Most of the weekend, I wore baggy clothes, because I was on my TOM. Well, TOM was very light on the day we were leaving and I put on a pair of jeans and shirt that was a little more form fitting. My Father-in-Law looked at me, turned to my husband and said, "You're going to have to keep an eye on her soon." We both turned around and said "What? Why?" Then he said, "She's almost becoming whistle-able, again."

Then he proceeded to talk to about what I looked like when my husband and I started dating almost 8 years ago. The whole time the Mother-in-Law was staring daggers at him. The all I could say while he was doing that, "I have a long way to go. Fifty more pounds until I reach the weight I was at when I met Cyggie."

Replies

• DestinyDarbi
    DestinyDarbi Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    HAHA That's so awesome!!!
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    lol Good for you!!!
  • Ephena
    Ephena Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Congrats! That's awesome, how far you've come.
  • christinehetz80
    christinehetz80 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    Fantastic work and good for you! Is the MIL upset with you now? Or her hubby?
  • shalvors
    shalvors Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!! And a little creepy to have your FIL talk about you in that way!!! ;-) lol
  • mistresseeyore
    mistresseeyore Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!! And a little creepy to have your FIL talk about you in that way!!! ;-) lol

I agree. He's 71, so you know how it goes. The older we get in years, the more we tend to say what is on our minds. It was awkward to say the least.
  • angiemartin78
    angiemartin78 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Good for you! It sounds a little weird that your FIL was talking about you like that in front of your MIL. I hope she's super cool and you guys have a great relationship! :smile:
  • Emilia6909
    Emilia6909 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Well done!! You deserve to be whistled at!! :wink:
  • higgi1982
    Options
    The compliment part would be great it been your father in law that said it not so great , just think though you may have felt awkward for a moment but i bet your mother in law made him feel awkward for a lot longer once you left :laugh:
  • SeeEmRun2012
    Options
    HA! Dont you just love old men!
  • 1WorkoutAtATime
    Options
    whistle-able..:laugh:
  • busyblkgirl
    busyblkgirl Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Uh oh!!! You then started something now! LOL!!! Good for you you hot tamale ;o)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!