Zumba

Options
So, I was given the Zumba DVD's to borrow. Does anyone here go to the classes? How do they compare to the dvd's? I'm sure every class is different, in general..same moves? same music?

Also, does anyone here have Zumba for Wii? Do you like it? Do you need any special controllers or the balance board?

Sorry for so many questions! ;-)

Replies

• richardson1965
    richardson1965 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I bought zumba for the Wii and it's great. In the one I bought it came with a belt that you put your controller in and that's all you need. You don't need the balance board. Just need some room to move around and have fun. It's tough and I don't get all the steps perfect but it's a change from going to the gym.

I just make sure to do it when no one's home so I'm alone and can look like a dork dancing in private....lol.

Have fun.
  • lmdb910
    Options
    LOL...I always feel like such a dork when I do it, which is why I'm hesitant to go to the gym for a class.
  • TigersLions
    Options
    We have Zumba on our Xbox Kinect and love it. My issue is that if you do the 45 minute sessions, you have pretty much been through all of the songs and all of the moves. I wish there was more variety. Zumba 2 is out so I might try that. I prefer Kinect because I think it forces you to be a little more exact with the moves.
  • LoViNlIFe0225
    Options
    I prefer to the DVD's to the classes...but I'm more of an idependent worker. I feel like I burn more and workout harder with the DVDs than I do with the instructor.
  • PagalM
    PagalM Posts: 19
    Options
    I was doing the original dvd's and then went to the Zumba 2 for the Wii and find that the workout on the Wii is actually more challenging to me than the dvd's. I am going to take my first live class tonight... so a little anxious to see if it is the same or harder than what I have been doing.
  • ssschwasss
    ssschwasss Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I do zumba at the gym and I love it, the moves are basically the same and fortunatly I'm with a great group of people so it's alot of fun!! I have Zumba for the wii and I find that I have more fun at the gym, you may look a little silly at first when you start the class but after a few you will be a pro
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    I have some of the first set of videos (from back about 12ish years ago)... and the Wii game and I go to the classes... I love the classes because it's more personal... but if I can't go for some reason or I just want more, I would rather do the Wii version first and then the videos... mostly cause I find the videos hard to follow because Beto speaks in Spanish (or is it Portuguese) and then the translator speaks and it gets confusing.
  • trinasingleton
    Options
    I love my zumba class and just signed up for one on my lunch break. I also have the wii and dvd's. I like the dvd's better than the wii for some reason but they are all fun. My thing is when i go out and they play a song that we dance to in zumba i catch myself doing the zumba class dance... :)
  • carita26
    Options
    I LOVE TO TAKE CLASSES AT THE GYM. I HAVE THE DVD'S AS WELL BUT PREFER THE GROUP SETTING