Bacon Shake

Options

Replies

• dontwantausername1
    dontwantausername1 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    oh that might be good - just as good as fries in a frosty :)
    OMG I love fries in a frosty :)
    I always thought I was the only one!!!

Me too!
  • Pocket_Pixi
    Pocket_Pixi Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    Its not real bacon either.. I would have to find the article but i think it may even be vegetarian (sp?)
  • jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    I heard about this on the radio this morning on the way to work! I was literally gagging trying to imagine what that might taste like. That's just NAAAAASTY!!!! :huh: :sick: :noway:
  • dahvishont02
    dahvishont02 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Heaven in a cup. I really want one - but I need to loose 40 lbs before June. Aww well, I will live vicariously through you guys.
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Jack in the Box is the closest restaurant to me and I think that sounds delicious. I'm gonna go hop on the treadmill now before I do something rash.
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    I am not sure about bacon and ice cream, but I put nutella on bacon, mmm.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    This reminds me of a recipe that a friend gave me for Black Eyed Pea cakes topped with Bacon jelly. Never tried them. The thought makes me shiver. But she said that it was awesome.
  • Pocket_Pixi
    Pocket_Pixi Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/lifestyle/2012/02/jack-in-the-box-debuts-bacon-milkshake/
    This is not the original thing I read though but it has almost exactly the same information.

its bacon flavoured syrup and a regular-size 16 ounce bacon shake weighs in at a hefty 773 calories and 40 grams of fat, while a 24 ounce large option packs 1,081 calories and 54 grams of fat..
  • sofitheteacup
    sofitheteacup Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Um, guys? It's Jack in the Box. Pretty sure they're the least likely to "get it right". If you want a gourmet frozen bacon dessert, head elsewhere.

Googled reviews, and none of them were positive. General verdict was that it was a dark cream color with a bland, flat taste. When ordered, even employees seemed apologetic about the let down. Then again, I'm not a fan of bacon, so this isn't something I would have ordered myself to begin with.
  • Slove009
    Slove009 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Do they have one with turkey bacon and frozen yogurt instead????
  • belindawilli
    belindawilli Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    can't imagine it myself!!!
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Um, guys? It's Jack in the Box. Pretty sure they're the least likely to "get it right". If you want a gourmet frozen bacon dessert, head elsewhere.

Googled reviews, and none of them were positive. General verdict was that it was a dark cream color with a bland, flat taste. When ordered, even employees seemed apologetic about the let down. Then again, I'm not a fan of bacon, so this isn't something I would have ordered myself to begin with.

Admittedly, I have eaten at Jack in the Box a handful of times in my life when visiting family out of state, and I found NOTHING on their menu to be palatable!!
  • tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options

I'm not a fan of bacon ...

this makes even little puppies cry.
  • jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options

Admittedly, I have eaten at Jack in the Box a handful of times in my life when visiting family out of state, and I found NOTHING on their menu to be palatable!!

Agreed! I live in Greenville/Spartanburg, SC, and there used to be a Jack In the Box on nearly every corner. I know of at least three that have shut down in the last year, and a few more that are on their way out. I haven't even seen a Jack In the Box commercial in over a year. That tells me the company is in big trouble financially. My guess would be because their food is DISGUSTING!!!
  • chrissym78
    chrissym78 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    Gross!
  • Kevww1982
    Options
    Still, according to the to the Jack in the Box website, a regular-size 16 ounce bacon shake weighs in at a hefty 773 calories and 40 grams of fat, while a 24 ounce large option packs 1,081 calories and 54 grams of fat, nearly an entire day’s allowance.
  • Sabresgal63
    Sabresgal63 Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    oh that might be good - just as good as fries in a frosty :)
    OMG I love fries in a frosty :)

Me too....................salt and sweet...............Mmmmmmmm
  • eillamarie
    eillamarie Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Local lounge had a sign for their bacon beer & a bacon ceasar, I reeaaaaally wanted that bacon ceasar lol.....I think it's a trend. I've seen a bunch of shows about chocolate covered bacon & bacon on ice cream & stuff like that. I'm making my boyfriend chocolate covered bacon for VDay hahahaha
  • Bonita_Lynne_58
    Bonita_Lynne_58 Posts: 2,845 Member
    Options
    *hangs head* I totally want one

Me too! I'm so ashamed.:embarassed:
  • BeLightYear
    BeLightYear Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    kinda off topic but went to Slaters 50/50 and had one of thier bacon mary's made with bacon vodka. SO GOOD!
    :love: :love: