Hope to Motivate

Options
bag4498
bag4498 Posts: 14 Member
I'm hoping my success so far motivates others. I started on MFP 3 weeks ago (goal weigth 125). I started at the gym in August(weight 152, I'm 5'4), I didn't do anything hard, just made sure I went 3 days a week to do some cardio. Not much was coming off so I decided to do the 17 day diet, along with working out and lost almost 6 pounds (october). Come November (after thanksgiving) through January I was stuck at a plateau. So then I picked up my days at the gym to about 5 days a week, burning atleast 400-500 in cardio and started doing more weigh lifting. I lost 4 pounds and was stuck there for 6 weeks(weight 142). With 15-20 more pounds still to lose I became hopeless. I was about to throw in the towel and give up and accept the fact that this was probably going to be my new weight. Afterall, I'm getting older and have 2 kids, geting back to 125 might not happen. A friend recommended that I start tracking my calories and said this was a good program to use. I'm so glad I did this. In 3 weeks I've lost 11.3 pounds (130.8). This is what worked for me so far. I go to the gym 5 days a week. Instead of going upstairs to do cardio alone, I've started taking classes. I take bodyblast, bootcamp and zumba classes. On thursdays, I go to the gym 2 times. The classes are so much fun. It has both cardio and weights. I challenge myself each week with something new. The 2nd week on MFP I would run a mile after some of the classes. Last week I would take the 60 minute class and then go upstairs and run 2 miles. This week I'll challenge myself to finally take a spin class (I hate cycling). Maybe I'll get some more runs in after class. I make the most out of the gym each time I'm there, always challenging my mind and body. As far as tracking on MFP. The first week I was pretty strict about staying right at 1200. The 2nd and 3rd week I've tried to stay between 1200-1400, which only allowed me to eat back a few of my exercise calories. These last two weeks I've also allowed myself a cheat day (which is usually my weigh in day). I don't track my calories on that day. Once I get to my goal weight and start maintaning, then I will begin to lift more weights. I want to look defined. My goal isn't to look skinny, but to look fit. Once I hit my goal weight I will put some before and after pics. Thanks for reading my story. Feel free to become my friend on here if you need motivation and support.

Replies

• UniteC
    Options
    Now that's an encouraging story! Thanks so much. I had plateaud, but believing God to break. Started MFP two weeks ago and looking forward. Great to have read your post today. Keep pressing!:happy:
  • mocha1975
    Options
    Well done on your achievement so far! Your goals are similar to mine - not to look skinny but fit. I will definately add you as a friend :)
  • bekisimpkins
    bekisimpkins Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Blimey! You're like a fitness demon! I guess you've really found the passion once you stepped up the exercising - congratulations! Can I be cheeky and ask for a proper run down of the exercise you do in a typical week please and how long each takes. I think I need to step mine up (I took the weekend off and don't feel good about starting up now).

I've been doing the 30ds last week (weekend off) and have moved on to level 2 today - ouch! I also go weight training around twice a week. I've only got exactly a month before I go on my honeymoon so any help would be gratefully recevied!

Thanks and congratulations again - you've def worked for it!
  • bag4498
    Options
    every week i have a new challenge for myself, here's what my challenge is for this week:

monday-bodyblast, run 3 miles; tuesday-bootcamp, run 3 miles; wednesday-zumba & spin; thursday-bodyblast & 90min.zumba, saturday-90min. zumba---yep that's my punishment for not having will power on superbowl sunday

i don't know if you go to the gym and if there are classes there, but that was really my turning point with my journey. bodyblast is a 60 minute full body workout, some cardio, including the step and lots of weights, bodybar, tubing, etc. this weeks challenge for me is spin class. i've never done it, but i know how much i hate the bike. last week i was running two miles after each class, this week i've bumped it up to 3 miles on 2 of the days. i may do 2 miles on the other 3 days since i'm doing 2 classes on those days. i don't know what next weeks challenge will be yet. i look at it this way, if i'm not dying when i leave the gym and totally worn down, then i didn't work hard enough.
  • bag4498
    Options
    btw, i'm no spring chicken. i'll be 38 years old this year. i refuse to let age get in my way. i hear it all the time....wel,l your not young anymore OR well, you've got two kids now.....i'll show them!!!
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    WOW! Well I'd assume there was something drastically wrong it you were not dropping loads of weight! Lol. Some will power and determination you have. Congrats x
  • bekisimpkins
    bekisimpkins Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the list! Scary but very productive! I don't think there are any classes at the gym as it a forces gym (hubby not me in the forces) but it's something to look into as I guess the class forces you to carry on where being on your own you may fail!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!