Alone on Valentine's day?

Options
124»

Replies

• RAFValentina
    RAFValentina Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    I work that day so it really doesn't matter.. Just another bull**** holiday..

It isn't a holiday. It is just a red letter day.
  • ffuunnnnyy__ggiirrll
    Options
    I am going to be alone on Valentine's day! this sucks!! is anyone else going to be alone? I wish I could find me a fitness woman before the 14th but I am running out of time lol...

Um, I will be your mfp fitness woman! :wink:

Just don't look at my diary, or comment on my exercise or lack thereof!
  • RAFValentina
    Options
    I don't celebrate Valentine's Day, whether I'm alone or not. I don't like being manipulated into celebrating by Hallmark.

Noone says you have to buy anything. It's more about the gestures.
  • RAFValentina
    Options
    Yup i will be a lone this year my hubs is deployed!

Alone maybe on the day, but together and still can celebrate apart! In similar situation! Both BF and I are in the military and live 150 miles apart! :(
  • blazeybug87
    blazeybug87 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Yup - thank god :)

Looking forward to seeing all the people that normally argue 6 days a week pretend to be blissfully happy for that one day of the year.... I will be watching from the sidelines and congratulating myself on my singledom. I might even get myself a gift...

:D
  • Angela103098
    Options
    This will be my first Valentines Day alone in 15 years Oh well, there is always next year!
  • DQMD
    DQMD Posts: 193
    Options
    What is stopping you from buying yourself flowers? I do it.... My ex2be was a moron and could never get organized enough to do it.
  • rissuhbissuh
    Options
    Luckily, I work until 7:30PM that night. I work at a cage free dog daycare though, so I get to surround myself with 50 lovey dovey dogs all day that will give me plenty of smooches! :3
  • dalgirly
    dalgirly Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I don't celebrate Valentine's Day, whether I'm alone or not. I don't like being manipulated into celebrating by Hallmark.

Noone says you have to buy anything. It's more about the gestures.

My personal beef with Valentines day is the fact that its once a year. Shouldn't the person you love show you their love constantly, and not just once a year (and you show them your love). If you have a crappy relationship, often they fake things for Valentines day, so they have the day to "show their love". It bugs me that you need a day specifically set out to do that.

For that reason I do not celebrate (on purpose) the day. I try to show my bf I love him each and every day. While there are days I am cranky, and it doesn't always happen, it happens more often than not.
  • I stand corrected , it's just a bull**** red letter day.. lol :smokin:
  • Bucky83
    Bucky83 Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    I hate V-day so much....alone...yet again....for what feels like eternity (let's see, born '83, single for 29...yep, eternity).
  • EpiGaiaRepens
    EpiGaiaRepens Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    i was single for six years and a girlfriend and I turned it into our day for us to shower lovin' gifts on eachother. I'm not single anymore, but the tradition continues! It always made V day something to look forward to no matter my relationship status.

Love that!

yeah it's awesome. it's always something inspired by pin-up rockabilly culture. And usually involved pics of beautiful ladies. It's really fun. We totally out did ourselves for xmas this year, though, so I have NO IDEA what to send her for Vday!
  • EpiGaiaRepens
    EpiGaiaRepens Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Luckily, I work until 7:30PM that night. I work at a cage free dog daycare though, so I get to surround myself with 50 lovey dovey dogs all day that will give me plenty of smooches! :3

Im so jealous of your job! Dog slobber = awesome!
  • Tiggerrick
    Tiggerrick Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    I'll be alone for Single's Awareness Day!
    I KNEW I wasn't the only one referring to this day as S.A.D.

Alone by choice.
  • Inlet
    Inlet Posts: 135
    Options
    When I was growing up, Valentines day was a favorite... my friends and I made valentines for each other and our moms and had slumber parties and ate super girly pink things like raspberry soup. =P
    Even though I've been single, the magic hasn't faded. We still make Valentines, and little encouraging notes and exchange chocolate. The single of us get together and watch movies.
    I know all that might be WAY to gag worthy sweet for some people, but the magic of V-day never faded. =P I don't have a clue how I'll transition when I find myself dating on Valentines day!
  • miseryhead75
    miseryhead75 Posts: 40 Member
    Options

My dogs will be my Valentine's too! What's better than unconditional affection?