Hello again

Options
Hi,

I'm back after a temporary hiatus - I've been struggling with some health issues, as well as a pileup at work, and I also took on some freelance work (I was recently published in the Globe and Mail!).

As a result, I took about a month off working out - only doing yoga a couple times a week - and gained back some of what I lost, to my chagrin.

I dropped from my highest weight (148) to maintaining around 135, and still not happy with that, have tried - with varying degress of success - to get myself down to a comfortable 125. Before my hiatus, I was teetering on the brink of success. I'm currently back up to 131, so I have six pounds to go.

Your motivation and support would be appreciated. I know it doesn't sound like much for some of you who have 50 lbs or more to lose, but it is so tough when your body has decided it is "happy" at weight you aren't happy with. Losing the last six pounds is going to be a struggle. I've said this before, but it bears repeating: the last 'few' pounds are the hardest.

Replies

• filergirl
    filergirl Posts: 240
    Options
    Hi,

I'm back after a temporary hiatus - I've been struggling with some health issues, as well as a pileup at work, and I also took on some freelance work (I was recently published in the Globe and Mail!).

As a result, I took about a month off working out - only doing yoga a couple times a week - and gained back some of what I lost, to my chagrin.

I dropped from my highest weight (148) to maintaining around 135, and still not happy with that, have tried - with varying degress of success - to get myself down to a comfortable 125. Before my hiatus, I was teetering on the brink of success. I'm currently back up to 131, so I have six pounds to go.

Your motivation and support would be appreciated. I know it doesn't sound like much for some of you who have 50 lbs or more to lose, but it is so tough when your body has decided it is "happy" at weight you aren't happy with. Losing the last six pounds is going to be a struggle. I've said this before, but it bears repeating: the last 'few' pounds are the hardest.
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Welcome back, congrats on the publication!

Glad you're feeling better.

And yes, the last damned "few" pounds feel like a million.
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,786 Member
    Options
    Good to see you again.
  • Nuggets1
    Nuggets1 Posts: 6
    Options
    Hello, and good luck with those pesky last few pounds.