HELP!

Options
I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for a college student trying to lose weight. I never seem to eat enough calories but having to pay for everything on my own it gets hard to spend money on the right foods that are good for me. HELP PLEASE!

Replies

• mdawson2112
    mdawson2112 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    PB and Js are cheap and full oof good stuff for the money. No white bread.

Eat salads. Veggies are cheaper than any fast food.

Drink lots of water and ditch the diet soda. Get a Brita filter to go and you have great water with you every where.

Just some thoughts.
  • Niki130
    Options
    I know it is hard! I am a college student too! I just usually buy meat, veggies, fruit, greek yogurt. Nothing crazy expensive. I almost NEVER eat out. And that is the key way to saving money!
  • Pandorian
    Pandorian Posts: 2,055 Member
    Options
    Buy in bulk if you can, maybe team up with some fellow students?
    I'm about to head to the local whole-sale club... I can pick up 25 lb bag of rice there for $10 or $15 last time I checked... but a 1lb bag of rice at the local grocer is $2 or $3 ... taking that 25 lbs to $75 buying it one at a time.
    If you are in a city there's a whole-sale club around somewhere for your convenience stores and restaurants to pick up their stuff if they don't have a delivery agreement to get stuff shipped to their door by a different whole-sale club... who charges more for the product and for the delivery.
  • Shhhmiller
    Options
    Thanks for all of the great ideas!