Noooooo Shamrock Shake is back!

Options
This is my most comfort food of all comfort foods. Usually I have them once a week during this season! It hasn't affected my waistline in the past, but I luckily had a fast metabolism up until recently. This is going to be a really difficult one for me to get through. I need some support, remind me why I don't want to go run to McDonalds right now and snatch one up!

Replies

• AwesomelyAmber
    AwesomelyAmber Posts: 1,617 Member
    Options
    WoW do I feel your pain on this one! I got one last week, just a small and it was HORRIBLE hahahaaha. The mix was very very watery and didn't blend well with the ice cream. After I finished it I decided that it was not as good as I remembered. The craving was nixed, which is GREAT. However... we all know that if I would have had a YUMMYLICIOUS one, I would be back for more. So, it's a 'good thing' I got a crap one??? :laugh:
  • tinkermommc
    tinkermommc Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    In the past I've only had one a year and always one a year. So I'll just workout extra and have one soon so I can have it out of my system and not push it to the point I'll want more than one. If you're the type that would have it multiple times then maybe see how long you can wait for your first one. Any luck and they'll run out of mix by the middle of March ;-)
  • raylenebrooks
    raylenebrooks Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I am seeing 416 cal in a small if you can fit that in your count eat up I would starve all day if I wasted that many thats how I convince myself not to eat it :)
  • 0AmyMarie0
    Options
    Amber, you are lucky! That would kill my craving too!

Tinker, that is a great idea, last year they ran out so quickly here.

Good point Raylene...but I am the one that just might starve myself for one shamrock shake LOL
  • nichole1027
    nichole1027 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    You could check out some protein shakes to make yourself that is healthier with some mint extract.
  • raylenebrooks
    raylenebrooks Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Amber, you are lucky! That would kill my craving too!

Tinker, that is a great idea, last year they ran out so quickly here.

Good point Raylene...but I am the one that just might starve myself for one shamrock shake LOL

Well might not be healthiest BUT I say if I can fit it in my calories then I can have it. I mostly stay on the healthy side but cravings just have to fit in my goals. I drink protein everyday and can not think of them the same as icecream though lol
  • Mi2sc
    Mi2sc Posts: 29
    Options
    Because it is 420 calories for a small :explode:
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    If I really want a shake, I will get the child size and it's enough to satisfy the craving. Do they have it in child size or is small the smallest they have? Would it be possible to just drink half of it? I say if you can indulge without going overboard, go for it.
  • Cole721
    Options
    My weakness is Coldstone ice cream. I don't go often, but I let myself fully enjoy every bite because I deprive myself of a ton of other goodies for weeks.
  • garnet1483
    garnet1483 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Aw, this used to be my stepmom and I's special treat. Unfortunately, once I moved away, DH made the offhand comment once that they tasted like toothpaste. For some reason, that thought stuck in my head, and I don't particularly care for them anymore.

If it's been a while since you've had a McDonald's shake, you might be turned off by the texture. Otherwise, do what the others suggested, and get one small one, and savor it!
  • fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    this temps me in the least its the Bacon shake at JITB i want
  • jmruef
    jmruef Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Aw, this used to be my stepmom and I's special treat. Unfortunately, once I moved away, DH made the offhand comment once that they tasted like toothpaste. For some reason, that thought stuck in my head, and I don't particularly care for them anymore.

If it's been a while since you've had a McDonald's shake, you might be turned off by the texture. Otherwise, do what the others suggested, and get one small one, and savor it!

The "toothpaste" comparison did it for me, too. Pumpkin shakes from Culver's, made with frozen custard, however...NO comparison in the world could make me turn away from such yumminess!
  • 0AmyMarie0
    Options
    The toothpaste comparison sounds nasty, but if my toothpaste tasted like that, it'd be extra yummy LOL
  • livinginwoods
    livinginwoods Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    I can't wait to have one......maybe tomorrow a small one. I LOVE them!!
  • joanneonline
    Options
    I feel your pain. Here's one "healthy replacement" recipe - never tried it so I don't know if it would help:

http://www.brittnaegiesau.com/shakeology-shamrock-shake
  • sparky38351
    Options
    why not just buy some sugar free or low fat mint choco chip ice cream and some skim milk and make your own? :drinker:
  • Virginia90
    Virginia90 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Oooo...I'm fitting THAT in on Friday!