looking for suggestions on exercising

Options
:happy:
Hi all!!
I need suggestions on when to get my work out into my schedule..let me give you a sample of my day.
5 a.m.wake up at cook breakfast and lunch for him
5:30 Shower and get ready
6:30 wake kids (4 daughters ages betweeen 12 years and 8 months)
7:45 drop them off at school and daycare, drive 1 hour to get to work
9:00 - 5:00 work, 30 minute lunch break but unable to leave office
5-6:30 hit traffic and pick up kids
6:45 start on dinner
7:30ish eat dinner
8:00 help kids with homework, shower them, prepare for the next day
10:30.. exahusted

that's my basic every day routine, i have agym membership and try to go twice a week, and do about 30 minutes, sometimes 45 of cardio, and at home in the morning or evening i do situps, pushups, sometimes before bed i do 15 minutes of pilates..Suggestions please, Thank you! Eating habits are clean, i only cheat on saturdays. and everyday afer lunch i do eat 2 hershey kisses to shut up my choclate cravings :)

Replies

• awackywabbit
    Options
    Busy schedules like yours are definitely challenging. One thing I could suggest would be on one of your days off from work set aside time to make your meals for the week. With a bit of planning and a few hours in the kitchen you could prepare your family meals for the week and freeze/refrigerate. Then you could use that 1/2 hour of prep time to do a quick walk.

There are a lot of great websites with good healthy recipes you can make ahead. The problem is it does take some planning and organization ahead of time which if you are anything like me it is something I can always do better on!

Good luck!
  • lucysgrammy
    Options
    Wow, you are one busy lady! the only thing I can suggest is something I read somewhere. anytime yu are standing in line, doing dishes, waiting for food to cook etc. pull in your tummy and hold to a count of 10, do that as often as long as you are able. You would be surprised how much it helps:)
  • ullrichMEX
    ullrichMEX Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    OMG, you daily routine is hectic! hard to find time for a workout.

I would recommen to try to workout at home, I know, gym memberships are expensive and once you get one you feel guilty and try to go (same happens to me, but sometimes you have to invest valuable time going there and coming back).

Why dont you try some of those DVD workouts (currently im doing insanity), and althoug i am very busy (not as much as you) i do it when i come home (some times late in the night), I know it is difficult because we are exhausted, but, the time involved is little and then you take shower and go straigth to bed. I have been sleeping like a baby, and getting up very energized since i started my workout.

hope that helps
    cheers!
  • dsuppa1997
    Options
    sounds to me like you need a little chip in from your husband if you have any chance of getting a decent workout schedule in
  • JenniLisette
    Options
    Thank you, I'm going to do that on Sunday.
  • JenniLisette
    Options
    Thank you all. Yes, pretty hectic, but I'm going to take all your suggestions, prepare a few meals on sundays, get a few videos to workout at home and call it Plan B if i dont make it to the gym, and will def teach hubby to use the microwave to heat up the meals i make!!! Thanks so much, Good luck to all as well :flowerforyou:
  • Libbster2014
    Libbster2014 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Have you tried a Nintendo Wii? Especially the Wii Fit. Kids love it and there are enough exercise "games" out there that can be utilized to burn some pretty serious calories. You don't have to do 30 minutes at once, but you can break it down to smaller times if necessary. The Wii fit will keep up with your total calories and time for the ENTIRE day. I use it quite often and get my kids in on the action as well. I try to work in at least 1 to 1.5 hours. Sometimes all at once (when I have the time) or I break it down into smaller segments. Either way I am burning calories and having fun at the same time.
  • jfcameron23
    jfcameron23 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Your schedule sounds almost identical to mine. Preparing meals on the weekend has helped me out. I also get the kids involved in my workout (8, 5 and 18 months) I will put in a Dvd and we will all do it or we will set up circuits around the house. Run up and down the stairs 5x, 50 crunches, 30 push ups, different free weight exercises (my 5 year old uses soup cans). The think its a blast and I get to spend time with them and get a workout in.
  • mdawson2112
    mdawson2112 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    My kids love Wii Fit and the sports games. Try it as family time if you can.