new here! anyone breastfeeding?

Options
I started using the myfitnesspal app 1/29/12 but just logged onto the website for the first time today. I'm so glad I discovered these message boards! They seem like a great source of support. I have had three babies (and three c-sections) since Feb 2008 and I've been nursing and/or pregnant since June 2007 so I feel like my body is pretty out of whack. I am still nursing my 12 month old son, but only about six feedings a day- does anyone know if this will effect my weight loss attempts? I know some people say that breastfeeding helps them lose weight but it seems to make me cling to my fat stores! I don't eat any meat and very little processed foods, mostly fresh veg, fruit, fat free yogurt, nuts, and whole grains.

Replies

• 232to125
    Options
    Hi,...Katherine here,...I am in the process of weaning my 24 month old,...he's not so keen on the idea and still nurses at least four times a day....I actually waited until he was 18 months before I started cutting back on my calories and it's only been six weeks or so,..since I've gotten serious about my workouts and restricting my calories with more beneficial results.

I've heard lots of women lose weight like crazy when nursing,...but I wasn't one of them,...and I admit,...it's been hard at times, but I've tried to keep my composure by assuring myself that for the present I was being a little chubby for a good cause and that I could and would get back on track with my weight loss.

Hope you have success on your journey!
  • Mangoaddict
    Mangoaddict Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    Nursing does effect weightloss. Just eat healthy and keep feeding those babies, you will notice some change. I just added running and am sure to notice some change!