ANY SUGGESTIONS ON OTHER EXCERSISES I CAN DO OTHER THAN ZUMB

Options
HI, I HAVE BEEN USING MFP FOR 1 MONTH AND I HAVE LOST 8 POUNDS SO FAR. BUT NEED SOME SUGGESTIONS ON NEW EXCERSISES THAT I CAN DO INSIDE MY HOME BECAUSE BY THE TIME I GET HOME FROM WORK IT IS LATE AND I AM NOT ABLE TO GO TO THE PARK AND WALK. CURRENTLY I AM DOING ZUMBA AT HOME AND I NEED SOMETHING NEW. ANY SUGGESTIONS.??? WOULD APPRECIATE IT. THANKS. :happy:

Replies

• Pandorian
    Pandorian Posts: 2,055 MFP Moderator
    Options
    body weight exercises... flip through the exercise section of on demand or youtube.... lots of various workouts available that don't require setting foot in a gym or all kinds of fancy equipment.
  • msteaplease
    msteaplease Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I have tried a few of the on-demand exercise videos. They range from 10-30 mins, and they are all different kinds - stretching, yoga, zumba, etc.

I also really like the Biggest Loser DVDs, they are pretty cheap, and a good workout at home!
  • lisapr123
    lisapr123 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    Check out your local library.... I bore easily so stopped buying DVD's a long time ago and just get them from there. One really good one is a Pilates Mix DVD put out my MTV (I'm not kidding!). The Biggest Loser ones are popular, as is anything by Jillian Michaels.

But between the library and Netflix if you have it, you might be able to avoid boredom and spending extra on DVD's.
  • keywestsunset
    keywestsunset Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    the library has exercise videos you can check out for free. i bought 30 day shred which i've done a few times and it seems to give me a good workout and its only 25 min.
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    go to walmart or target and fall in love with jillian michaels, jackie, or turbofire or chalene extreme or the firm
  • dadiesangil
    Options
    THANKS EVERYONE FOR GIVING ME NEW IDEAS. I DIDNT EVEN KNOW THAT THE LIBRARY MIGHT HAVE THESE KIND OF DVD. ALL HAVE BEEN REALLY HELPFULL.:smile:
  • suttercm
    suttercm Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I didn't find any on Netflix - would appreciate names of some that are on there.:smile:
  • CLynch309
    CLynch309 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    FWIW - I work from home and sit all day long in front of my computer. I have dogs I have to walk, so that guarantees me at least 45 minutes of outdoor exercise, no matter the weather. :-) But that's not enough for me to burn the kind of calories I need to burn, my house is too small and my wallet not large enough to accommodate any equipment at home. But I definitely need to take breaks and I'd like to burn some calories on those breaks. So what I'm going to do is dance. I've got an iTunes playlist that has only music I can move to, and I'm going to try to keep moving for three songs. Then I'll sit back down and go back to work for another couple of hours, then I'll dance some more. At least - that's my plan. I figure if I just keep moving for awhile, several times a day, that's gotta be good for me. :-)
  • staceyshayden
    Options
    I alternate - I do Wii Strength which has yoga, strength excerises and I do this for 20 minutes then I do the Zumba 1 beginner for 20 min on the hard level. If I want to skip the Wii then I do the Zumba on Inter for 45 min on Med level. I also do the ellipical (sp) for 30 minutes if I want something different than Zumba and add some core training in there I only do 20 min instead of 60. Change it up keeps body guessing too.
  • TNoire
    TNoire Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    I do zumba on my wii and other dance games & my wii fit
    I have also the biggest loser dvds (cardio max, weight loss yoga, bootcamp)
    I also have the SWAT dvds
    if you want dvds best place for that is Amazon.com

when the weather gets nicer jump rope, running, jogging walking is awesome

treadmill have one?
    challenge yourself when doing laundry walking up the stairs/run instead

squat/lunge when your sweeping/coming upstairs

looks funny but any movement you do to keep moving is priceless and will help ya get to your goal

:embarassed: I even dance with my broom :embarassed:

Sometimes hubby will grab me and dance too :love:
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    There are all kinds of choices... Perhaps you can go to your local library and see if they have any workout DVD's or if you have cable I know there are some channels (at least one) that have workouts on demand as well.
  • lisapr123
    lisapr123 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    I didn't find any on Netflix - would appreciate names of some that are on there.:smile:

You need the DVD package (which I no longer have) to get many of them. But there are several that are available to stream. On your computer search "Sports and Fitness" in the search field and a bunch should come up. Many are Crunch Fitness ones...you won't find Jillian Michaels or P90x on there.

Not sure if this link will work, but here are the options for streaming videos....
    http://movies.netflix.com/WiAltGenre?agid=11469&plagid=9327
  • ncsal
    ncsal Posts: 1
    Options
    I have heard the kettle bell DVD's are good. But I love Pilates! Strength training using your own weight for resistance. I take a class with a great instructor. I have been loosing inches and I credit her class. Not much to report on the weight loss though.
    Good luck in your journey!
  • misti17
    misti17 Posts: 106
    Options
    I'm in love with Jillian Michaels video's. Loved 30 Day Shred and lost 16 inches in that month! Now on Ripped in 30 and am noticing some huge differences. Good luck sugar!
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    Go to Bodyrock.tv

Look through their archives, their daily workouts, all their stuff.

Pick one and DO IT. Do not let it seem overwhelming. Do not let it intimidate you. Just try to do the moves shown and do them as quickly as you can with good form. If quickly for you is 1 second per move or 1 minute per move - doesn't matter. Just DO them.

It is a fabulous wealth of workout knowledge that you can do for FREE at HOME :love:
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    FWIW - I work from home and sit all day long in front of my computer. I have dogs I have to walk, so that guarantees me at least 45 minutes of outdoor exercise, no matter the weather. :-) But that's not enough for me to burn the kind of calories I need to burn, my house is too small and my wallet not large enough to accommodate any equipment at home. But I definitely need to take breaks and I'd like to burn some calories on those breaks. So what I'm going to do is dance. I've got an iTunes playlist that has only music I can move to, and I'm going to try to keep moving for three songs. Then I'll sit back down and go back to work for another couple of hours, then I'll dance some more. At least - that's my plan. I figure if I just keep moving for awhile, several times a day, that's gotta be good for me. :-)

I work in an office and on my 5 or 10 minute breaks, I will do squats, calf raises or pushups against something. If you have stairs, throw a few laps up and down those, too... remember the chubby dog on the Super Bowl commercial who kept dropping the ball down the stairs, retrieving it, going back upstairs and dropping it again? Every bit helps.... :]
  • qtiekiki
    qtiekiki Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Go to Bodyrock.tv

Look through their archives, their daily workouts, all their stuff.

Pick one and DO IT. Do not let it seem overwhelming. Do not let it intimidate you. Just try to do the moves shown and do them as quickly as you can with good form. If quickly for you is 1 second per move or 1 minute per move - doesn't matter. Just DO them.

It is a fabulous wealth of workout knowledge that you can do for FREE at HOME :love:

I was about to suggest bodyrock.tv too. I did there January 30 Day Challenge, and is doing the February Challenge. Love it. I am much stronger. And don't be intimidated if you don't have the equipments; they give you modifications.
  • friendlyvirgo
    friendlyvirgo Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    -Squats
    -Lunges

Jillian Michaels DVD's (excellent) 30 minute affective workout routines.
  • meekashay
    Options
    You can go to YouTube and type in Taebo get amped great workout!!!