BOOBS ARE BECOMING FLOPPY WITH P90X???!

Options
WTH!!! I have noticed since I have started P90X that my boobs are getting floppier! What the heck!!? LOL! I mean its funny to ask...but I'm seriously mad! I thought when you're doing tons and tons of push-ups and weight lifting that they would tighten up!?

Replies

• MrDude_1
    MrDude_1 Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options
    well im no expert, but if you posted pics I could give you my opinion.
  • ChrisStoney
    ChrisStoney Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    ummm.... will need before and after picks to render any serious answer....
  • fitfocusedfamily
    fitfocusedfamily Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    They will in time. It isn't the workout. It is losing the fat in your chest & the pectoral muscles tightening up. The same thing happened to me. They did perk back up later. I had the same thing happen again when I started Insanity. Buy a push-up bra & be patient! :wink:
  • pwillini84
    Options

Sounds like something many here would chime in on upon serious review.............
  • bikermike5094
    bikermike5094 Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    I would even consider youtube videos for difinitive answeres...
  • fitfocusedfamily
    fitfocusedfamily Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    You boys are all the same! You just want to see boobs, floppy or not (hacky sacks excluded).
  • KristinArredondo
    KristinArredondo Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Looking for real answers from the ladies, thanks..
  • hexrei
    hexrei Posts: 163
    Options
    WTH!!! I have noticed since I have started P90X that my boobs are getting floppier! What the heck!!? LOL! I mean its funny to ask...but I'm seriously mad! I thought when you're doing tons and tons of push-ups and weight lifting that they would tighten up!?

Same reason people end up with loose skin elsewhere when they lose fat quickly- your boobs are mostly bags of fat and you don't spot-lose fat, you lose it everywhere. The skin there will tighten up naturally with time.
  • bahacca
    bahacca Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Yep-losing fat and using pectoral muscles which we ladies typically do not use.
  • MrDude_1
    MrDude_1 Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options
    You boys are all the same! You just want to see boobs, floppy or not (hacky sacks excluded).

HEY! we're men!
    Other then that, I agree with what you said..
  • garnet1483
    garnet1483 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I'm not familiar with P90X precisely, but if you're working out your chest and upper back muscles properly, you shouldn't see any sagging, they really ought to get, well, perkier. Is it possible that you're losing weight quickly, and your skin isn't rebounding properly? You might try Pilates. A lot of things lifted for me, when I was doing it regularly.
  • nixrun
    nixrun Posts: 44
    Options
    I always lose a cup size unfortunately when I'm on track for losing weight and getting in shape. I just consider it the in between stage, losing fat and gaining muscle... this also can be throughout your body since it picks and chooses where the fat will first melt off: face, arms, stomach, boobs..
  • michelleck23
    Options
    Dont worry after my first daughte, and starting p90x mine did the same you are burning lots of fat off ie booobs! Mine got up to dd when prego then back to a c big b. By the end of the program my chest really tightened up along with everything else on my body...im 6 mo post partum with second daughter and just started p90x2, im really excited because it really does transform your body! your body will love you for it in the end....
  • melrose09
    Options
    well im no expert, but if you posted pics I could give you my opinion.

BAHAHAHA! hilarious!

But yeah, boobies will shrink and flop. At least that is the case for MOST women. Mine are sad little deflated balloons now after nursing for 10 months and dropping some %body fat. But, they match my new body better than my old 34C's would
  • bikermike5094
    bikermike5094 Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    Hey!!! I was thinking she could post on youtube the excercises she was doing so she could get some feedback on if she was doing them wrong or something. What did you think i was saying??? :tongue:
  • ChrisStoney
    ChrisStoney Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Hey!!! I was thinking she could post on youtube the excercises she was doing so she could get some feedback on if she was doing them wrong or something. What did you think i was saying??? :tongue:

Sounds like a very sane idea to me, purely for scientific reasons of course!
  • melrose09
    Options

Sounds like a very sane idea to me, purely for scientific reasons of course!

Oh, well, if it's for science.... ;)
  • loopybec2002
    loopybec2002 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I use nivea firming body lotion with all exercises it seems to keep them peer. Feeling nice!
  • albinogorilla
    albinogorilla Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options

creeper...................