Anyone have success with Insanity?

Options
My hubby and I are starting Insanity tonight. I also ordered 30 day shred.
Any pics and/or results would be awesome!!

Replies

• SexyCook
    SexyCook Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options
    I am going to Bump...this..several of my pals have done it and They have great success stories!! From what they say!! You will love it....
  • ChelseaRW
    ChelseaRW Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    There are a lot on here who do Insanity and 30 Day Sred. Both get results but are entirely different. 30 Day Shred seems tough to a beginner. Insanity will seem INSANE!(lol) If you are looking for a gradual build up..I would recommend 30 day Shred mastery first. If up for a challenge..throw yourself into Insanity and when you want something different to do, do 30 Day Shred. I will be ordering Insanity to. I've done 30 day Shred and it is still a good workout(I do two levels back to back some days) and am looking to Insanity to UP my game.
  • ready2smile
    ready2smile Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    i have it, you will love the results but also remember to eat clean =) good luck to you and your husband, its a very intense workout good thing you guys are doing it together that's awesome =) for support.
  • xonikitashafferxo
    xonikitashafferxo Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Thanks Ladies. I am ready to jump into insanity. I've been doing Zumba and I love it but I want to change it up. I know it's going to be tough. Crossing my fingers!!
  • xonikitashafferxo
    Options
    Loved it....don't have access to my actual beginning and end photos at the moment... but here is the general idea...the starting pic here is a little heavier than when I started, but not too too far off... I'll repost if I find the actual starter...the after pic is day after

Collages2.jpg

IMG_0566579x640a.jpg

IMG_0576bw553x640-1.jpg

AWESOME JOB!!!
  • porksiopao
    porksiopao Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I love the Insanity workout! I've done two rounds of it, then I'm just doing the Max ones during the week. I don't have before/after pics, but I can tell you that my fitness level has improved tremendously. Lost almost 20 lbs since I started, but what I like are the inches lost and improvements in my core. The workout is tough, but it's really good, make sure you commit and go through the whole 60 days. You'll be happy with the results. Good luck!
  • birdieintx
    Options
    I got halfway through Insanity in spring of 2011 before I broke my wrist and had to stop (not doing the workout just my own clumsy fault). The change I saw in my body was amazing. I am getting ready to start it again but am starting with the 30 day shred first as I am too out of shape to go right into Insanity this go round.
  • xonikitashafferxo
    Options
    I love the Insanity workout! I've done two rounds of it, then I'm just doing the Max ones during the week. I don't have before/after pics, but I can tell you that my fitness level has improved tremendously. Lost almost 20 lbs since I started, but what I like are the inches lost and improvements in my core. The workout is tough, but it's really good, make sure you commit and go through the whole 60 days. You'll be happy with the results. Good luck!

Were you able to keep up when you first started, or did you kind of do your own pace and keep up the best you could?
  • xonikitashafferxo
    Options
    I am still out of shape, but I am hoping the Zumba helped a little bit. I am going to start running too (hoping to get a double stroller so I can take the kiddos)
  • josery1630
    josery1630 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I just started week 6. It's a great workout and I've seen a lot of positive changes to my body.

I don't eat clean, either, or take Shakeology. :)
  • lwoods34
    lwoods34 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    i have it, you will love the results but also remember to eat clean =) good luck to you and your husband, its a very intense workout good thing you guys are doing it together that's awesome =) for support.

I had to tell you that I LOVE your ticker picture. lol.
  • Krohnie
    Krohnie Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I just got the email that mine shipped today, so I'm totally pumped to do it!! I've done p90x and was looking for something with more cardio and less strength. Good Luck!
  • LovingCruz
    LovingCruz Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    I will be restarting insanity again once I finish all my Jillian Michaels DVD. I loved it when I was doing it and did see results but i stopped because of my move back to the states from Okinawa and didn't restart.
  • MrWalker
    Options
    I'm doing Insanity along with P90X just to have more cardio, but there was is definately an improvement in my cardio! The results are good too. YOu don't have to take the supplements they offer either. I found what worked for me and it helped a lot. Good luck to you!!
  • porksiopao
    porksiopao Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Were you able to keep up when you first started, or did you kind of do your own pace and keep up the best you could?

My mistake early on was trying to keep pace, I learned I have to adjust and push harder as I go along. Until now I am still not able to keep pace with the folks in the video, but I've been doing better with each day. I do push hard every time though and give my best.
  • nixrun
    nixrun Posts: 44
    Options
    I made the mistake of trying to keep pace as well, the first time I started Insanity I only made it four days and I literally couldn't walk. It's a tough work out, you should definitely focus more on form than speed. I just recently started it again and I made it through the first week without the muscle aches I experienced before. Keep it up and it will be worth it in the end! At least that's my motivation.
  • DrG3n3
    DrG3n3 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I'll be starting week 4 tomorrow. I'm also doing C25K and various calisthenics occasionally. I absolutely LOVE Insanity. I can't quite keep pace, but I have noticed over the 3 weeks I've done it that I only need to stop a few times during the workout, and the worst one for me is the pure cardio DVD because it is straight 15 minutes. But again, I love them. I'm looking forward to the second month. So far I've lost about 7 pounds since I'v started it, so 7 pounds in three weeks isn't bad. I've lost an inch on my waist and an inch and a half on my hips already. I can feel myself getting stronger and even my running is improving. No pictures, I'm just WAY not ready to take pictures.
  • xonikitashafferxo
    Options
    I just did the fit test a little bit ago and i feel like a noodle now
  • atjays
    atjays Posts: 798 Member
    Options

It's not for the faint of heart, it's going to be difficult to keep up with even for someone in really good shape, thus the name of the program! Just remember to go at your pace, take a breather when needed. Nothing wrong with that. The cardio is amazing and if you eat healthy you will have no trouble losing weight. I still do a mix of a couple of the insanity workouts I enjoy with weight lifting, I'm down 20 lbs and feel fantastic.
  • BeautyAndStrength50
    Options
    I started out with Jillian's 30 day Shred and done all of her dvd's still doing them now.. lost all my weight and now doing Insanity and Jillian mixed up everyother day.. I want the cardio from Insanity and the weights from Jillians.. I believe you can do what you want to but Insanity is VERY HARDCORE.. your cardio levels needs to be high.. I still have problems with it but love the challange.. I havent done month 2 yet thats the MAX and im scared.. hehe.. good luck. its worth a try take it slow go at your own pace.. Shawn T and Jillian are both killers. :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!