Help! just got in from work- too late to eat? (22:30)

Options
hey

i've just got in from work - i have 250 calories left for the day - do I eat? some people say that you shouldn't eat late and i don't actually feel that hungry...

Replies

• onmyway31
    Options
    If you are hungry then have something small, an apple, or yogurt won't hurt.
  • lynnsf
    lynnsf Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    You know there are many different opinions on when you eat.

I lost 50+ lbs on Weight Watchers. My counselor there pointed out that when you eat your metabolism keeps going so that it doesn't really hurt to eat late. That was her educated opinion. Others say never eat late.

I would say if you are hungry - you have calories - have something.

You can test it for yourself and your body. If you eat late - do you lose as much this week? If you don't eat late do you lose more?

It isn't going to make that much of a difference to do a little personal experiment and see how your body reacts.
  • robbda
    robbda Posts: 82
    Options
    thanks guys
  • Painten
    Painten Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I would eat. I eat at all kinds of day. I don't go by that don't eat after a certain time of day malarky. If you've been at work your going to be hungry.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I eat all the way up until bedtime and have never had a problem as long as I stay under my calorie goal for the day.
  • ElizabethKathrynJ
    Options
    Eating late isn't a bad thing as long as you took care of yourself over the daytime. My mom comes home from work late, too. Because we never get to eat as a family anyother time during the day we apll eat pretty late, but I have it easier to do if I eat well and plan my calorie intake/burn accordingly. Therefore, eating late has never been a problem for me. Doing this should help alot. Goodluck(: