How to cut out sugars?

Options
Hi,
Every single day I log my food I consistently eat way over the daily allotment for sugars. However, almost always come from fruits, milk, and cereal! Is this bad? Should I stop eating fruit? I'm just so baffled right now...
Admittedly, some of it is from junk food, of course. That goes without saying. But are sugars from fruits bad?

Replies

• LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    It depends on what diet plan you are following......

I personally don't believe that sugars from fruit are bad, unless you have a preexisting condition like diabetes. If you cut out the junk food, I think that would go a long way towards reducing your sugar levels.
  • comicsmaniac
    Options
    What diet plan? Sorry-- this will probably sound idiotic-- but what kind of diet plans are there?
  • Sublog
    Sublog Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    Every single day I log my food I consistently eat way over the daily allotment for sugars. However, almost always come from fruits, milk, and cereal! Is this bad? Should I stop eating fruit? I'm just so baffled right now...
    Admittedly, some of it is from junk food, of course. That goes without saying. But are sugars from fruits bad?

If your staying under your calorie goals, and are healthy (no PCOS/Diabetes) then there is no need to worry about sugar intake.
  • angel_north
    angel_north Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    There is sugar it seems in everything. Like I have one cup of coffee, Equal or SPLENDA and it is the 2% milk that adds to my sugar count, yogart, fruit. Go figure you eat better and still go over. I just make sure I don't go too far over the sugar count, just keep an eye on it for myself..
  • debilyn574
    debilyn574 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I always go over my sugar number given by MFP, but it's from fruits and other 'good' foods (mostly). I would not stop eating fruits in an effort to lower your sugar intake. I'm honestly not sure how anyone can manage to eat enough calories with the 'correct' allotment of sugar and everything else!
  • KNMD
    KNMD Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    If I'm at my calorie goal but under/at my sugar mark, I start showing symptoms of Hypoglycemia.
    So I'd say it's just an estimate and you have to do what feels right for your body. I try to take my sugar as an incidental along with something more nutritious, such as what I get from my yogurt, cereal, and fruit/veg. I try really hard not to add any other sugars to my diet to avoid the "empty" calories.