C25k - W5D3 Complete!!!

Options
I did it!! The 20 minute jog...at a snails pace mind you. That 20 mins took me exactly a mile and a half. Shins feeling ok. I've been real nervous. My last attempt to be a runner nearly 7 yrs ago resulted in a stress fracture of my left tibia. Not from overuse...just very poorly developed leg muscle particularly in the lower leg. Trying to listen to my body better this time and working to strengthen that area. I know its going to really take time to adapt and build up but today I'm just really proud of myself!

Replies

• MissSpuggz
    MissSpuggz Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Wow, well done. I've tried that program several times and failed to jog for a whole minute so gave up!

At least you know to take care this time and maybe you can jog for longer in the future when you feel stronger.
  • emmalouise1980
    emmalouise1980 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Well done!just started week 5 today,dreading the 20 mins!!!
  • TBoom915
    TBoom915 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Thank you for this post! I completed W4D1 yesterday and made it through the first 4 mins jog and the 6 mins jog but when it got to the last 4 min jog I struggled, I realized that for tomorrow I will have to take my speed down as I have done transitioning from W2 to W3.
  • holmevik
    Options
    Congratulations! I finished C25K last Fall and finishing the 20 minute jog was a major accomplishment. It is a great program that will build both physical strength and mental energy so stick with it!
  • Whodatgirl77
    Whodatgirl77 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Well done!just started week 5 today,dreading the 20 mins!!!

Don't dread it. I was very concerned bc the two 8 minute intervals did not feel good at all. I was going to repeat it but decided to give it a try. The rest is history!