I'm new and looking for friends/support !

Options
Hello; I am fairly new to this site. I was lucky enough to find it while doing a simple search for nutrition info. and I haven't looked back ever since! Like many of you I've been down the Weight Watchers road more than once! While it worked when I was counting points, I have found no long term results, only a band-aide solution for short term results. This time my goal is to make lasting changes. So far I love this site and find myself on here alot! Just like when I first signed up for Facebook, it's addicting! I'm excited about the "new me", and while I struggle with the whole aging process, I want to slow it down as much as possible and look and feel good about myself again!
So, please add me and hopefully we can all be successful together :)
Laura

Replies

• livinafitlife
    livinafitlife Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I tried weight watchers a few years ago and lost weight but gained it back once I stoped counting the points. But have joined this site in November and it has been great. We all need the encourgment and support of people on the same journey. Please feel free to add me. Rachel
  • Shelly3333
    Shelly3333 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi feel free to add me I am new here also
  • lizblizz28
    Options
    I just recently joined also... and you are so right about the "addicting" part! My problem has always been staying motivated. I make great progress and see results, but after a couple of months I just fall off the band wagon and gain it all back. Feel free to add me as well!
  • grneyecowgirl
    Options
    You can add me Im new as well..
  • snaid
    snaid Posts: 3
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well. Good Luck!
  • tmfpartyof4
    tmfpartyof4 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    im in my 2nd week here...feel free to add me as well!

Welcome!
  • sailinjen
    sailinjen Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Im new to this site as well....love it! I work out all the time, my problem is food...not making the right choices but this site is helping me! Feel free to add me!
  • BuffLoveWinning
    BuffLoveWinning Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Add me lovemfp
  • Coach_Simon
    Coach_Simon Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I'm new here as well, so don't hesitate to add me. I've actually come across MFP through the android app and am liking it quite so far. Of course I'm always open to get some support from people who go down the same road as I am.

Wishing everyone here good luck and success.
  • shelliedanielle
    Options
    feel free to add me if you like! I think this is a great site! good support.
  • parsnips1980
    Options
    just in response to all the people who tried weight watchers with no long term success....is this not the same basic premise (counting calories vs counting points) wrapped up in a nice little facebooky package?
  • grag79
    grag79 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Hi Laura,
    I was like you and have done weight watchers among many other 'DIETS' and always gained back the pounds.I joined MFP at the end of november and have lost a stone since.This is incuding xmas.I never deprive myself I just try and make food choices that fit into my calorie intake and if I want something I will exercise so I can have it.Although there has been many a day when I have been well over and I didnt exercise.Because I am not 'DIETING' I have not gained the weight quickly if I do have a bad week.Max I gained was 2 pounds and that was xmas and was gone the following week.Best of luck with your journey really hope MFP works for you as much as it has for me xgx
  • PrincessLou71186
    PrincessLou71186 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Anyone can add me.

New friends means new support.
  • boolj
    boolj Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm also new and looking for support. A friend actually told me about this site. Any suggestios on when to fit in exercise? Work full time, two kids, one in high school, so I'm already up way too early. Seem too tired at the end of the day. ThiTnk I
  • Msltlstyx
    Msltlstyx Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey there!! I am also on the lifestyle change journey!! I've tried weight watcher, nutra system, etc...nothing seems to stick for me, but i'm excited to be on this site!! it's easy to track your food and your exercise!! I wish you luck. I'm more than happy to support you :)
  • MyeongHi
    Options
    Hi! I first created a login a little over a year ago, but then never logged in. I just recently rediscovered this site and now I'm hooked, but I still consider myself new to it, so feel free to add me!
  • cking99rn
    Options
    count me in tooooo.......good luck everyone...Nurse Carol
  • Janiluna
    Janiluna Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Count me in!
  • iml0singit
    iml0singit Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I could also use some motivation in my timeline. Anyone feel free to add me! :)
  • polliwowg
    polliwowg Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I just found out about this site last week from my doctor....I have gained and lost many times, am hoping this will be the last time. I have a bodybugg, which I love, but the food logging software is not great. Feel free to add me..I can use all the help I can get!!