I'm new and looking for friends/support !

Options
2»

Replies

• Kamalalue
    Kamalalue Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Looking for friends and support from people who will be straight-forward and no-nonsense. Friend me, if you are interested!
  • jamielee0704
    jamielee0704 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I've been on again off again to this site...... would love some new friends to keep me accountable!
  • lawsy23
    Options
    Hi Iam fairly new as well:smile: support is always a good thing feel free to add me.
  • jamchartwin
    jamchartwin Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm relatively new here too and happy for anyone and everyone to add me if they want :D
  • bstoetzer
    Options
    Hey all...need all the support I can get so feel free to add me! :happy:
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP; this is a great place to get started on a wonderful journey.
    Getting healthy and fit is actually very simple but it's just hard work.
    This is how MFP works
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/help/faq/3-how-does-myfitnesspal-work

Just get started by going into settings to Update diet/fitness profile.
    Set your goals for 1 lb weight loss per week.
    NO MORE!
    And eat lean meats, low fat dairy, nuts, whole grains, fresh fruits and veggies.
    Do both cardio and resistance exercise.
    AND EAT BACK YOUR EXERCISE CALORIES!
    Remember, this is not a race, and you can reach your goals if you stick to a good plan as recommended on this site.

You have many people here ready to lend support, answer qustions and discuss any challenges.
    You can do this.

All Is Possible!
  • silverbutterfly
    Options
    I'm not particularly new here but would love to make some friends/connections to keep each other on track. Feel free to add me!:flowerforyou:
  • MrsDanii
    Options
    Hello my name is Danielle and i m not new round here but i would like to make new friends nd supports on this website, MFP. Thanks!
  • leesatiff
    Options
    IM new too! I dont knwo how to do the 30 day shred.. how do I do it>?
    anyone from delaware or pa ..would lvoe a buddy!
  • cheeselea
    Options
    Hello all, I am also new to this site and would love to be able to chat with others that know what Im going through!! Happy losing people!!!
  • lb_droppindiva
    Options
    Hey I am new, just joined today looking for a support system on my weight loss/fitness journey!
  • carolemack
    carolemack Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    just in response to all the people who tried weight watchers with no long term success....is this not the same basic premise (counting calories vs counting points) wrapped up in a nice little facebooky package?

Nope. Not to my mind. I am actually doing both WW and MFP together for 3 months to see which I like better. I have been on WW many times before with little success.

On MFP I feel like I am learning a lot more because when I log my food I see the breakdown of calories, fats, fibres, protein, sodium, etc. It is no longer just a point value.

Also, MFP has a much more active community and quite a few knowledgeable people who are willing to share their knowledge. It's only been a couple of weeks but I am quite sure that I will be dropping WW and staying with MFP.

And there you have my 2cents for what's it worth! I love MFP.