Having a rough time...

Options
Hi all!

I started MFP on Jan 1st after seeing my wife's success. She lost 20+ lbs and is doing well to keep it off. I have been riding bike, doing elliptical trainer and lightly lifting and have only lost 4 lbs... I feel really good health wise but I'm getting pretty discouraged. I'm pretty sure that the weekends are killing me because I like to have a few Coors Light's. I will even keep track of them and not go too far over my goals. Is it possible to 'bank' calories?

Replies

• Kurto2021
    Options
    4 pounds while on the low side isn't bad....the ideal situation is to lose 1 pound per week. People who lose it fast usually gain it back losing it slowly will be better in the long run
  • Flyer615
    Flyer615 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Is it possible to 'bank' calories?

That would depend on who you ask. Weight Watchers has a system that includes "Bonus Points." I would tend to agree with them, but I would still limit the amount you bank. In other words, I would make sure that you eat more than the minimum each day. I wouldn't think that going over a little (say 10%) of your daily maximum would seriously de-rail your progress anyway. I'm also with Kurt in that 1-2 pounds per week is plenty to lose in order to keep it off.

Endeavor to persevere!
  • desertdude
    desertdude Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    RE: Banking... I try and bank 2-300 a day so I can enjoy a few 102 cal. Coors Lights so, it's nothing too crazy.

Thanks for the encouragement guys... I know I am adding some muscle as well so I am burning a good amount of fat... I just hate the fact that I gained 30 lbs in 5 months and its going to take a year to get it off... lol. Its cool tho because I quit smoking cold turkey in April to gain that weight in the first place. xD