Best and mOst accurate calorie hrm???

Options
I have a wrist watch but the only way to get a reading is to hold down a button and I have no time for that when I'm trying to do an intense workout. What a some others that will track the entire time and are most accurate??

Replies

• MDWilliams1857
    MDWilliams1857 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    All the Polar products are really good. You dont necesarily have to buy the most expensive one but dont buy the cheapest either. I bought a timex personal trainer a couple years ago and its absolute junk. I paid about $100 for it at the time, now you can find them for $40. My wife paid about $140 for the Polar F6 and its 10x better than the timex.
  • Debbisue52
    Debbisue52 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I have the Polar FT 4...I think. I like it. It has the chest strap...I guess the ones with a chest strap are supposed to be the most accurate?
  • SLaw4215
    SLaw4215 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    i bought the Tony Little HRM from QVC (Heart Rate is accurate but you have to hold buttons in mid workout ---PITA)...and I have one from Oregon Scientific watch with the added chest strap but never could quite figure out if I had set it up correctly so I don't trust it.

I have ready MANY posts about Polar products and people really seem to rave about those. Personally, I have almost 100 pounds to lose and I'm not super athletic (yet) so I invested in BodyMedia Fit armband. It's scientifically proven to be accurate and no work to get information. All I have to do is wear it on my left upper arm and take it off to sync it to my computer now and then. It's not cheap at $175 - $200 depending where you purchase but like I said, it's an investment in my health and future. The BodyBugg is made by the same manufacturer and has slightly varied features but costs a little less than BodyMedia. I had a rough year last year...I lost 30 pounds and gained more than half of it back. Since ordering BodyMedia about 3 weeks ago, I have lost over 8 pounds. A lot of that has to do with knowing exactly how many calories I'm burning and paying $175 is pretty good incentive (for me) to not let it collect dust any time soon LOL Best of Luck with your shopping!!!::flowerforyou:
  • tataliciousd89
    Options
    My polar FT7 was 80 online. It's pretty awesome.
  • Deev79
    Deev79 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I have a Timex T 5H881 F5 and I love it. It's super easy to program and use every day. And it's much more reasonably priced than some of the others. I would definitely recommend it.
  • mariamikulich
    Options
    I have the polar F-6, but if I had it to do again I would get the F-7 only because it has a chest strap that I think would fit me better. Both are very good at tracking calories, etc. Can't go wrong with either one.
  • pauljsolie
    pauljsolie Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    POLAR products are good for awhile, then they start to give you some very erratic readings. Heart rates of 280 when first putting on then dropping to zero. I've followed all the recommendations to the letter but it still does not funtion properly. It is a year old and POLAR won't do anything about it. Batteries are new blah blah blah...Be very wary of POLAR products.
  • MDWilliams1857
    MDWilliams1857 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I havent had any problems with the Polar. My wife bought hers about 2-3 years ago and I use it now. Never had any issues.