Heart Rate Monitors?

Options
Heyyy,

Im looking into buying a heart rate monitor for myself. I was just wondering what types people had and what were the best ones. Also the pros and cons of having one. I've never owned one, but from what I heard it will accurately track my calories burned; I think. Any help would be greatttt!!!

Thanks

Replies

• schmidtka70
    Options
    I just bought the Polar FT4 on Amazon yesterday and it arrived today (with standard shipping!). Haven't used it yet, but it had good reviews, was fairly inexpensive and recommended for beginners. You can also change the battery yourself, which some require you to send it back to the manufacturere to do. I'll try to check back in the next day or so once I've actually used it.
  • polliwowg
    polliwowg Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I had a Polar for a couple of years, which I loved, except it had to be sent back to the company to have the battery changed, as some Polar Heart Rate Monitors do. If you purchase Polar, be sure it is one that you can change the battery yourself....the company wanted me to authorize a $75 charge on my cc to change the battery (which is $5 at Target). I have a Bodybugg now, which I love, but I do not like the food logging software they use, which I why I started here. I currently also have a Polar FT7...which I like. ( A Bodybugg cannot be worn while swimming)
  • 321payne
    Options
    Just ordered this one Polar RS300X Heart Rate Monitor Watch (Orange) http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001W93YLK/ref=pe_175190_21431760_cs_sce_dp_i1
    I have had polar before and loved it so I decided to go with another
  • carrief_ufl
    Options
    I have an Ironman Road Trainer. I think the calorie burn it reports might be a bit high so I round things down. It is great to monitor you HR while exercising so that you stay in you zone. I have learned that 190 for me is my 'I wanna puke' zone.