Yoga for beginners Video reccomandations

Options
After a week of struggling with boot camp class my instructor recommended I start doing Yoga exercises at home any recommendations on what kind of video?

Replies

• ilikejam33
    ilikejam33 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    There is a line of DVDs by Crunch Fitness, the Yoga ones are all great. Yoga Slim down is my fav for a good all around one. I bought them on ebay for $7 and amazon and I use them all the time. There is a whole variety from basic to cardio yogo and yoga with weights.

Also you can try checking on TV, my on demand service has free yoga, and every weekend morning there are like 10 channles offering yoga as part of their regular lineup.

When travelling i once forgot my DVD and did a You Tube search and found some pretty decent ones.
  • fitrene
    fitrene Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I'm a fan of Total Yoga. I purchased a 4 pack from amazon and it has levels. Some of it's very calm and relaxing and some is a little harder. Here is a link to the amazon sight. Good luck! I love yoga when I do it, it's just fitting it in for me is the problem :o)!

http://www.amazon.com/Total-Yoga-Pack-Ganga-White/dp/B000642026/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1328666305&sr=8-1
  • ls_66
    ls_66 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    is it a fast paced video? I can't stand when I finally get the pose and he or she start a new one.... hoping to find something for a real beginner
  • ls_66
    ls_66 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    will check cable.... it would be nice if Time Warner had something useful for a change
  • fitrene
    fitrene Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    The Total Yoga series is very slow, sometimes too slow. If you start with the first one, which I believe is Earth or Water, sorry I can't remember, but it's basically a series of sun salutations, followed by some standing poses, then some floor poses and then a cool down and they teach you how to breath at the beginning. They are very calming, and the narrator is very thorough. The person doing the speaking is not the 2 people on the screen. The next DVD up is sun salutations with some more difficult poses and they progress from there. The first DVD is so gentle, I can do it before I go to bed and be fine.