Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Time for me!

I am a mother of four great boys (ages 7,9, 11 and 13) and have finally decided to get it together to care for myself and set a good example for the kids. They are really excited that I am trying to run/jog with them and thinking about healthy choices. I started mfp 2 weeks ago, dropped 10 pounds in the first week (even though I know it was mostly water weight) but have only lost a few since then. I am determined to keep looking forward as it's the long term goal of a happy and healthy lifestyle I am looking for, not necessarily a number on the scale. I am looking forward to reading about so many other peoples struggles and successes along the way, we can do it together!!

Replies

• m_wilh
    m_wilh Posts: 362 Member
    As one mom to four boys to another, welcome! I'll send you a friend request.
  • 4boyzl8r
    4boyzl8r Posts: 3 Member
    I am already inspired by seeing your 45 pound loss! I would welcome any ideas or advice you might have. By the way, how old are your kids?
  • teresab46970
    teresab46970 Posts: 35 Member
    Welcome aboard, we can all do this. Just keep telling yourself "I know I can" "I know I can" :bigsmile: .
  • Whaleluvr
    Whaleluvr Posts: 156 Member
    Welcome, I have 2 kids......
  • Sabresgal63
    Sabresgal63 Posts: 641 Member
    Welcome! I have (4) boys as well...................(2) are grown and (2) little ones at home. Friend me if you'd like:bigsmile:
  • foreverlosing
    foreverlosing Posts: 1 Member
    I am also a mother of (4) boys about the sames ages, 10, 12, 12 and 14. I started this journey about a month ago - I have noticed that I do much better when I actually track my food. We can all do this - I am looking forward to the support. :flowerforyou:
    15163938.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • n8vchick77
    n8vchick77 Posts: 114 Member
    sounds like you're doing great so far! I have 4 kids, two boys ages 12 and 10 1/2 and twin girls that are 8