It's actually working!!

Options
I just wanted to let everyone know that when I weighed myself this morning....I discovered that I have lost 7 lbs!! I have only been on this site for a week...and have been worried because I couldn't complete a workout because I am soo out of shape. But I have stuck with my diet and worked out as long as possible and have lost 7 lbs! I don't think I could be any happier. I want to thank everyone on here for being so supportive and helpful...it has really helped me get through all of this a lot better. I will keep everyone posted!!

Replies

• franzy
    franzy Posts: 259
    Options
    wow that's great see you can do this. Keep moving forward :happy:
  • Clemens
    Options
    YAY!!! Keep up the good work :)

Just remember your always ahead of those who are sitting on the couch no matter how much or how little exercise you do :)
  • SexyCook
    SexyCook Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options
    Thats amazing!!! Congrats...Many have experienced this as well,,, MFP is a great source for EVERYTHING Fitness related(sometimes personal)LOL...But much success I owe to my pals and the documenting..Glad that this has worked for you...Much continued success!
  • Gwendalyne
    Gwendalyne Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    That's so great!
  • clintbritt3
    Options
    Good for you! I'm weighing myself on Monday and I'm excited to see what the results will be since this is the first time I'm really putting 100% into it :) Keep up the good work!
  • Alissa_RN
    Alissa_RN Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! Keep up the good work and the weight will continue to come off. The first week is always the best!

3643114.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • gemmaldavies
    Options
    7 pounds in a week is amazing. well done. start lifting small weights - more muscle burns fat (so u dnt plateau) ;o)
  • BlueStar1989
    BlueStar1989 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you. Keep up the good work. Exercise will get easier with time as the weight comes off
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Not to be a debbie downer, but...this'll probably be your best week on the whole journey. 7 pounds in a week is amazing, but the reason I am telling you this is so you DO NOT become discouraged when you only drop a pound or two next week. The goal of the program is to lose about a pound a week which is more than enough :)
  • ActiveKristina
    ActiveKristina Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    That’s great news!

I'm in the same boat as you; I'm starting off on the road to getting healthier, I haven’t done my best but at least I started!

The biggest change I’ve done is cut out regular soda for diet soda, I find myself drinking it a lot less and drinking a lot more water now since I don’t really like the taste of diet the way I did regular sodas. I’m not getting refills like I used to, I usually don’t even finish the whole glass.

This is my first week and I’ve lost 8.9 lbs! Everyone keep up the good work, and know even if you get off track a little you can always get right back on. It’s great that we are all supporting one another.
  • rballard84
    Options
    I know it will...and that's ok. I was just really happy with the fact that I really didn't expect to see much difference because I don't really feel like I have made such a change in my lifestyle...but apparently I have! It actually makes me want to do more and keep it up!!
  • pholbert
    pholbert Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Nice job. But this is not a diet, but a new way of eating amd looking at food.
  • rballard84
    Options
    That is awesome!! I contribute most of my weight loss to cutting out sodas too! I was practically living off of them because I thought I needed the caffeine to keep me going...but in fact...I don't! I have to drink about a half can just to keep the migraines at bay...but water is the only thing I am drinking now!
  • isaacs06
    isaacs06 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    glad you were rewarded for sticking to it!! keep it up!
  • sarahdatace
    Options
    Great job!
  • lovethyselfalways
    Options
    thats so great keep up the great work!!! and hopefully by the end of this week i can share some good news too!!
  • artshowing
    Options
    What is everybody doing to lose so much weight??? I've been at this for months and I havn't lost one pound. I havn't fallen off the wagon, changed exersizing schedule, or eaten anything unhealthy.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!