P90x?

Options
Just wondering who's tried it and some feedback would be awesome!
I just started it today and I want to know if I should still be doing cardio on days like back and chest? What were your results from it?

Replies

• rustykarma
    Options
    I honestly couldnt finish it. It is a very intense program. I highly recommend the biggest loser workout videos. Maybe after completing the six week workout you would be ready for p90x. But if you are a beginner to working out (as I was) it is a challenge!
  • kstob1990
    kstob1990 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Im on week three. I usually just stick to the workouts and its enough of a burn for me. I average around 300-400 calories each time. (I use a heart rate monitor). I like it, it gets a little boring because its the same banter back and forth but I switched the settings so its just cues and then I play work out music and its better. I highly recommend it =]
  • WickedGarden
    WickedGarden Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    I love the program, I'm on week 4.

One day is strength training and the next is cardio strength, cardio...the days switch off. Yoga is considered cardio.. On days you have strength training, you have 15 minutes of ab work.

I can burn 860 calories in one hour of cardio on their program.

Just remember, you really should do the program as it was designed. Not 'pick and choose'. It really is an intense workout, do a search for 'P90x Fit Test', print it out and see if you can do it, if not, I would save your money, buy a 'beginners' workout DVD, and work up to P90x. IMHO

Good Luck!