I am begining to get so frustrated...

Options
I have been eating all my calories or less everyday AND going to the gym at least three times a week and burning between 300-500 calories each time. This weekend I weighed myself and I had lost almost 3 pounds I went to jenny craig this morning and the jenny scale said I was up 2 pounds since the weekend and down ONLY one since my last weigh in. I'm so sick of being stuck at this disgusting number and I feel like no matter what I'm doing it refuses to go down :(

Replies

• jenronan1
    jenronan1 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    The question is what are you eating? All calories are not created equal. Make sure the food you are eating is minimally processed, the closer it is to its natural state the better. Convenience foods have added sugars and salt that can wreck havoc on any well intentioned dieter. Look at the sodium and sugar totals and you may by surprised on how high they are. Try cutting those numbers down and see if that helps.

Good luck.
  • Pandorian
    Pandorian Posts: 2,055 MFP Moderator
    Options
    you need to stick to one scale, there are variations between them! Plus we vary throughout a day naturally, I weigh in once a week on the same scale.... in the morning after morning routine and before getting dressed or eating anything. Means its just me on the scale. Weighing late in the day you've got all that food that you've eaten sitting there.
  • cressievargo
    cressievargo Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Also - are you eating back your exercise calories? You *should* be eating them back to avoid starvation mode.
  • supercara7
    supercara7 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Don't get down on yourself! With only two points of reference, a difference of a couple of pounds doesn't mean anything. For example I weigh considerably less in the morning than I do in the evening. Even with a few days between them, one day you may be retaining more water than another day (your monthly cycle and your sodium intake will both affect that), or it's possible you just had more water and low-calorie snacks before you went to JC and you're body isn't finished processing them. Also, your body retains more water when your muscles are sore; they swell a little, so your awesome workouts might be a factor.

It's also possible you gained some muscle tone and therefore have put on a little weight, but that's the good kind! Building muscle mass is the very best way to raise your metabolism, and a layer of muscle underneath it helps the fat that you do have look tighter!

What I'm trying to say is, don't put all your faith in the scale. If you're truly tracking everything you eat, and working out, you will lose fat. Just because the scale at Jenny Craig says you're only one pound lighter doesn't mean you only lost one pound of fat. the scale is a good way to track yourself over a long interval of time, but your daily behavior is what actually counts!

Hang in there!!
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    Ditto sticking to ONE scale. Also weigh yourself at the same time of day each time, like first thing in the morning.
  • rjt1000
    rjt1000 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    Ditto sticking to ONE scale. Also weigh yourself at the same time of day each time, like first thing in the morning.

and wear the same amount of clothing or no clothing. I was surprised to find that a bath towel added more than a pound as compared to just wearing boxer briefs.
  • PudgyPigeon
    PudgyPigeon Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    If your diary is public- people may be able to answer your questions better. Just a thought!
  • rayleansout
    Options
    Get out the tape measure and start tracking your progress that way, way better than that damn scale!!
  • spartangirl79
    spartangirl79 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    If you're working out, you should not be eating less than your daily calories. If you go to low, weight loss will stall. Technically, to maximize weight loss LONG TERM, you should be eating the calories you earn from exercise, too. You should never have a net calorie intake of less than 1200 in any given day. EAT TO LOSE. FUEL YOUR BODY.
  • angiemartin78
    angiemartin78 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    The question is what are you eating? All calories are not created equal. Make sure the food you are eating is minimally processed, the closer it is to its natural state the better. Convenience foods have added sugars and salt that can wreck havoc on any well intentioned dieter. Look at the sodium and sugar totals and you may by surprised on how high they are. Try cutting those numbers down and see if that helps.

Good luck.

^^^^^^This!!! Also agree with weighing on the same scale at the same time of day.
  • Chinita00
    Options
    ***** VERY IMPORTANT: Stick with it and keep on pushing Do not let this get to you :-)

1st thing in the morning, no clothes (or very minimal) and def. same scale.!

Best of LUCK!