Low Calorie/low fat chocolate chip cookie recipe?????

Options
I was going to try and make some chocolate chip cookies for my husband for Valentine's day next week. I tried google some recipes but nothing really jumped out at me. I was wondering if anyone here had a good recipe?

Replies

• kjuncoonazz
    kjuncoonazz Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I just found a recipe for mini chocolate chip cookies. I haven't made them yet but the recipe sounds good. They are only 62 cals per serving.

2 tbsp light soft buttery spread
    2 tsp canola oil
    3/4 cup all purpose flour
    1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
    1 large egg white
    1/8 tsp salt
    1 tsp vanilla extract
    1/4 tsp baking soda
    1/2 cup brown sugar
    Directions1.Pre-heat oven to 375 °F (190 °C).
    2.In a medium bowl, cream together buttery spread, oil and sugar.
    3.Add vanilla, salt and egg white; mix thoroughly to combine.
    4.In a small bowl, mix together flour and baking soda; stir into batter.
    5.Add chocolate chips to batter; stir to distribute evenly throughout.
    6.Drop rounded half-teaspoons of dough onto one or two large nonstick baking sheets, leaving a small amount of space between each cookie.
    7.Bake cookies until golden around edges, about 4 to 6 minutes; cool on a wire rack.
    8.Note: yields 2 cookies per serving
  • caehudson
    caehudson Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    bump
  • raylenebrooks
    raylenebrooks Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I make weelicious.com cho chip cookies all the time for my kis they come in at 105 cal/ i think that was with half the choc chip of the original though they use wheat and white flour but really taste normal
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    the one on the back of the chipet bag is super good. I actually made them today and subbed half white flour for whole wheat and used splenda instead of sugar and i used a small melon baller to make the portions. i got about 40 cookies and they were 90 cals each.
  • gem_angel
    Options
    there is a recipe from chocolate covered katie's blog called not guilty chocolate chip cookies. i havent tried making them, but her recipes are usually pretty good. here it is:

(makes 7-12 cookies)

1/3 cup plus 1/4 cup flour (I used 70g oat flour. You can use all-purpose or spelt.)
    1/8 tsp salt
    1/4 tsp baking soda (not baking powder)
    2T to 1/3 cup chocolate chips, depending on your preference
    2T brown sugar (do not omit or sub with white) (20g)
    2T evaporated cane juice or white sugar (If you have no sweet tooth, like me, you can omit) (24g)
    1/2 tsp vanilla extract
    1T vegetable oil (or pre-melted margarine) (12g)
    1-3T nondairy milk, as needed (feel free to switch proportions of milk and oil) (15-45g)

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Mix your dry ingredients, then add in wet. Form cookies and bake 6-7 minutes. Take out when still underdone–they’ll continue to cook while cooling, and so you don’t want them to get hard.
  • ThinkThin85
    ThinkThin85 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    bump
  • karensquiz
    Options
    thanks everyone for your responses!
  • dis5150
    dis5150 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I am on Pinterest and get great recipes from there. You can find anything! Pinterest.com - if anyone wants to join and wants an invite, send me your email address. It is MUCH faster than waiting for them to respond to you!