Suggestions on HRM

Options
I'm looking to purchase a HRM that also counts calories. Any comments, suggestions, advice??

Replies

• Munchi8175
    Munchi8175 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I just got an inexpensive one (Sportline S7) at Walmart (about $30) but it's too soon yet to have any feedback.
  • Munchi8175
    Munchi8175 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Forgot to mention though it does have 7 functions: watch, calendar, profile for age & gender, alarm, chronometer, timer, and calories burned.
  • shalvors
    shalvors Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Thank you for asking, i'll be watching this thread, i'm interested in one too!
  • lafournier2
    lafournier2 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    <3 my polar FT4 :)
  • kyrstensmom
    kyrstensmom Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    There are lots of good threads on this topic if you have the time to read through them. The general consensus I get/got from them is that Polar is pretty popular. I personally have a Garmin Forerunner 405CX because I wanted the GPS for running (mileage pacing, distance, etc). It has a chest strap and calculates calories based on heart rate, gender, age, weight, and height. I am finding it to be pretty accurate, although much lower than the estimates from MFP. It was $179 from Amazon.
  • Sherbog
    Sherbog Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    I received a Polar FT4 as a gift. Have not used it yet. Also received a GARMIN wrist band that tells me distance, calories burned and mile per minute. Not sure I will keep the heart monitor. I love the GARMIN.

Not sure why abotu the heart monitor so was pleased to see this post.
  • songbird1973
    Options
    I bought the one at Walmart and could never get it to work right, very complicated. I then bought a Polar FT4 and love it, highly recommend and very easy to setup.
  • Bsnell10
    Options
    I biught a timex zone trainer bout $60 bucks on amazon i love love love it!!