When/how often do you weigh yourself?

Options

Replies

• AZDizzy
    AZDizzy Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day (just a morbid curiosity comparing sodium and water intake levels), but only "count it' weekly, first thing in the morning, nekkid, when I do my measurements.
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    Once a week. Sunday or Monday, first thing in the morning before I eat or drink anything. Usually in pants and a bra.
  • whitneyann0
    whitneyann0 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    In the morning after I pee, and I weigh naked. I tend to weigh everyday. I would like to weigh only once a week though when my support group weighs in. I need to put it somewhere that I don't see it all the time. :)
  • amandabcdefg
    amandabcdefg Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    when i wake up, sometime mid-day, before my shower, before bed... lol pretty much whenever i'm in my bathroom i'll hop on. i don't log every weigh in, but i check multiple times a day anyway... always have done that, works for me *shrug* :)
  • Virgo09
    Virgo09 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I weight myself everyday but I record my weight once a week on Saturday mornings.
  • shrinkingsuccess
    Options
    Ditto here.
  • Nettabee
    Nettabee Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I used to weight randomly (most often in the evening though)......Then I was told the mornings are more accurate. Especially after I use the bathroom......

If only i could stop weighing almost everday!
  • kittenmitton
    kittenmitton Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I don't have a scale now that I moved, so I'll usually weigh myself if I ever go back to my parent's abode. I of course weigh myself in the buff in the morning after having done my business. Otherwise, I've weighed myself with my clothes and shoes on and off, so I know how much they weigh, so when I go to the gym and weigh myself there, I just subtract the weight of my clothes. It might be a little off if I've already eaten, but it's usually a fairly good measure.
  • jodymcadam
    Options
    I once tried not weighing myself at all so that I wouldn't let the numbers on the scale "define me", and "how I felt about myself".

Big mistake...

I really need to see the numbers so that if they start going up - I can adjust my eating/exercising habits accordingly.

Now, I weigh myself every morning :smile:
  • opal24
    opal24 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I try do to it each morning, otherwise I will get off track really easily. Some people say I'm too obsessive, but I know if I do it every week, I won't know how I'm doing, and I'm more likely to slip up.

This!
  • jillmillross
    Options
    I put the scale in the linen closet ( mostly to keep the kids from breaking it) & weigh once a week, sun morn, nekkid, after going 1 & 2! ;)
  • Jarnard
    Jarnard Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I try to weigh in every Tuesday Morning.. I might get curious and step on the scale from time to time but usually once a week. :)
  • julies90
    julies90 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Every day in the morning. Sometimes at night just to see if I can guess what I will weigh in the morning. :D

Heheh I do this all the time too!
  • mohanj
    mohanj Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself multiple times a day. As soon as I get up, before taking the shower, after lunch and before going to the bed. The numbers do kind of sets my mood for the day. If I see more, I know I ate something heavy the previous day and try to be extra careful that day. if the numbers look good, I get encouraged and workout more. I record my weight and measurements once a month at the same time of the day. (before shower and breakfast).
  • pinkgummibears89
    Options
    I rarely weigh myself. I usually go by how my clothes fit and how I feel. I think I am going to start weighing myself weekly. I want to be held accountable for my wellness so that means facing the scale!
  • Ireshgurl
    Options
    I'm totally not consistent with how often I weigh myself. Sometimes I'll weigh myself every few days, or maybe once a week. I do weigh in first thing when I get up and butt *kitten* nekked after goin pee.
  • Carla_Crouch
    Options
    I usually weigh myself every morning after I go to the bathroom and before I shower. I was becoming obsessed with it, so I weigh every other day now lol. I'm excited even if I see 1/2 pound difference in one day. I do not weigh at night because it depresses me. :(
    I also hate weighing at the doctor's office. I have to wear my clothes AND it ALWAYS weighs me heavier, even if it is first thing in the morning. If I know I have a doctor appt that morning, I will not eat or drink anything haha.
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    Morning, after going to the bathroom. I do it pretty much daily. Occasionally I'll try at night.

I look for patterns in the numbers.....are they steadily increasing or decreasing....

And of course if I see a loss I am excited. But if I see a loss, log it and the next day I am up a pound, I look at my food from the previous day, see if there was a problem and drink a few more cups of water. It only "counts" for me around the weekend, that's when I hope to see real progress.
  • Donkeydriver
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning naked before dressing and every night naked before showering... cuz wet hair weighs more! ;)
    I do notice that although the numbers don't always look 'good" in my estimation... my pants are starting to fit better.... I also keep a size 5/6 jeans hanging on my bathroom hook and try those on about once a week as a wake up call/ or a motivator to keep going ;)
    They fit... but really tight... when they fit to the point of being able to wear in public... I'll be happy and whatever the scale says at that point will be my finished "goal" weight :)
  • kwahom03
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning. I find if I only weigh myself once a week I'm more likely to get off track. Weighing myself every morning reminds me why I'm doing this. Everyone is different though!