Need a Good Pedometer App

Options
Anyone know of a good pedometer app that keeps history ..all the free ones I found are just used to record but have to reset every time giving a shout out to see if anyone else has a free one that they would recommend that keeps track of the walks. Thanks in advance.

Replies

• GradyGene
    Options
    It's not a pedometer, but I use the Addias app MiCoach on my iPhone It keeps a history of the distance walked/ran as well as maps of your route. It uses gps to track your exercises. To date, I have walked almost 400 miles since last Mar. It also gives you calories burned.
  • abutterflyemerges
    abutterflyemerges Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Anyone know of a good pedometer app that keeps history ..all the free ones I found are just used to record but have to reset every time giving a shout out to see if anyone else has a free one that they would recommend that keeps track of the walks. Thanks in advance.

I asked for one of these recently for Valentines day.

http://www.fitbit.com/
  • neclar
    neclar Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I'd invest in a good pedometer. one that works in 2 or 3 directions. i keep mine in my pocket and it works really well.
  • dvcab
    dvcab Posts: 78
    Options
    I use runkeeper on my iphone it keeps track and also emails you congratulation when you have gone further than before you can also keep track on the computer with maps, how far, how long, calories, time per k and it is very similar to the breakdown on mfp when you add it in to that. its free give it a go
  • sharishopalot
    sharishopalot Posts: 82 Member
    Options

I asked for one of these recently for Valentines day.

http://www.fitbit.com/

I just purchased FitBit and love love love it... Its so easy to use!! I purchased it at Target.. :-)
  • MsDvine
    MsDvine Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Cardo Trainer (PRO, paid version). Works very well for me. Keeps track of your walk, run, jog, aerobics, etc... Anything Cardio. Keeps history, works well.
  • Thechiplover
    Options
    I use Accupedo Widget for my Android phone, i think its pretty good as free apps go
  • dancerman
    dancerman Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    given your pic i would use this (lol)

map my dog walk

free
    calculates distance, time and calories based on your personal stats
    can save your walks
    highly rated
    and seems to work better then some of the others

I used it for the first time yesterday seemed great
    and no dog required :)
  • NKolhar
    NKolhar Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    It's not a pedometer, but I use the Addias app MiCoach on my iPhone It keeps a history of the distance walked/ran as well as maps of your route. It uses gps to track your exercises. To date, I have walked almost 400 miles since last Mar. It also gives you calories burned.

thanks will check it out !
  • NKolhar
    Options
    fitbit looks awesome but still not sure I wanna use it even hour of my day not too happy with my sedentary timings will think of purchasing one once I get more active but thanks for the tip though !
  • NKolhar
    Options
    I'd invest in a good pedometer. one that works in 2 or 3 directions. i keep mine in my pocket and it works really well.

I thought of it but tired of having too many things on me besides the apps can track my run and walks everything so sticking ith an all in one device now.
  • NKolhar
    Options
    I use runkeeper on my iphone it keeps track and also emails you congratulation when you have gone further than before you can also keep track on the computer with maps, how far, how long, calories, time per k and it is very similar to the breakdown on mfp when you add it in to that. its free give it a go

thank you downloading it right now I just need it for the walks since I use nike+gps for runs .

update - looks like I had it and deleted it time to give it a go again !
  • agentscully514
    agentscully514 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    I use the free version of Cardio Trainer on my droid. works great!
  • NKolhar
    Options
    Cardo Trainer (PRO, paid version). Works very well for me. Keeps track of your walk, run, jog, aerobics, etc... Anything Cardio. Keeps history, works well.

I know there a few good ones but I have downloaded so many fitness apps and looking back am not using half of them so staying away from paid ones since I have wasted enough money on these things without utilizing it.
  • NKolhar
    Options
    I use Accupedo Widget for my Android phone, i think its pretty good as free apps go

Iphone :D
  • NKolhar
    Options
    given your pic i would use this (lol)

map my dog walk

free
    calculates distance, time and calories based on your personal stats
    can save your walks
    highly rated
    and seems to work better then some of the others

I used it for the first time yesterday seemed great
    and no dog required :)

lol have used it before but even it has a paid version to keep track so had to delete it but good eye though :)
  • NKolhar
    Options
    I use the free version of Cardio Trainer on my droid. works great!

iPhone rocks without free apps lol
  • Fit4_Life
    Fit4_Life Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    I like runtastic. It keeps track of your history, mood, weather, map, your duration, pace and distance. it also gives you an icon to play your music that you have on your phone. The other great option is, you can choose an activity. Example: Running, cycling, Mountain Biking, Race Cycling, Nordic Walking, Inline skating, hiking, walking, horse riding, sailing, kayaking, walking, elliptical, treadmill...etc. This is the far best that I have come across...
  • NKolhar
    Options
    I like runtastic. It keeps track of your history, mood, weather, map, your duration, pace and distance. it also gives you an icon to play your music that you have on your phone. The other great option is, you can choose an activity. Example: Running, cycling, Mountain Biking, Race Cycling, Nordic Walking, Inline skating, hiking, walking, horse riding, sailing, kayaking, walking, elliptical, treadmill...etc. This is the far best that I have come across...

thanks but like the other apps it has the paid version that has all the goodies I use nike gps+ for run since I can sync it ..thanks for the feedback though !
  • tburling
    tburling Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I use Pedometer Pro and like it a lot although I probably use only a fraction of the features.