I want the Nike+ Fuelband SOOOOOO bad!!!

Options
I cannot wait for this to come out!!! Want one so bad! Anyone else? If you haven't heard about them, check out this link http://nikeinc.com/news/nike-fuelband-makes-life-a-sport

I seriously am SOOOO excited about it, I'm giddy!! Pedometer, calorie counter, and more!!

Replies

• grapenutSF
    grapenutSF Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    I heart Nike, but I'm curious how they'll accurately estimate calories burned without a chest strap for heart rate.
  • Magi71
    Options
    Have you seen the fitbit?
  • rawcash2012
    Options
    How does it compare to Fitbit?
  • sed484
    sed484 Posts: 69
    Options
    I really like the look of the Fuelband / bracelet but thanks for that alternative, I had never really researched the fitbit before!!
  • capaxinfiniti
    capaxinfiniti Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I saw a commercial for it on TV a few weeks ago. It looks pretty cool and I love Nike, dreading to think about the price.

I was also thinking about getting a Fitbit. I'll have to compare once I know the price

edit: Just saw the price $149. Not bad. It convinces me even more
  • sed484
    Options
    Don't know how it compares. Have you been to the above link? I really like the look of it. It is a new product and it has not yet been released yet so your guess is as good as mine!
  • kandeelopez
    kandeelopez Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I caved and bought mine already! It was SOLD OUT even by the time I had been informed of it by Nike's own email! I signed up for notification, though, and I snatched mine up. Woohoo! I can't wait to get it. Official release is Feb 22.

Kandee
  • npeters519
    npeters519 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Looks interesting but I wonder how it compares to Fitbit. If it had a HRM built in that would be outstanding :)
  • sed484
    Options
  • squared16
    Options
    From what I can tell it's like a fitbit you wear on your wrist with added wrist detection sensors or something. The whole NikeFuel seems sorta cheesy to me and I'm wondering about that technology cos you could probably just get NikeFuel from fidgeting. If the fuelband DOES have a HRM it'd be pretty freaking cool.
  • lilyflor
    lilyflor Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    it sounds good!
  • Micheller1210
    Micheller1210 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    how long to get one to sync with android.?
  • bjlkt2
    bjlkt2 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    The major problem with the Nike+Fuelband is that (by the websites own admission) it does NOT calibrate the amount of energy (or "nike fuel") based on the size/weight of each person. This is a problem because a 200 lbs person running one mile is expending considerably more energy than a 120lb person running one mile. Apparently they WILL take into account size when it comes to calculating calories (you enter your personal information when you plug it into your computer), but NOT when calculating Nike Fuel? This is a major flaw.
  • alyson820
    alyson820 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I just wish it was waterproof!
  • RobertGraber
    RobertGraber Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    i have the up band... she concept... works great!!
  • Sherbog
    Sherbog Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    WOW...and only $149. I paid $199 for my Garmin wrist band that only give me the distance, calorie count and time per mile. $149 seems cheap compared to what I paid. I also have a Polar FT4 that was $93.99 at Target....ouch wish I would have waited.
  • shadowkitty22
    shadowkitty22 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    The major problem with the Nike+Fuelband is that (by the websites own admission) it does NOT calibrate the amount of energy (or "nike fuel") based on the size/weight of each person. This is a problem because a 200 lbs person running one mile is expending considerably more energy than a 120lb person running one mile. Apparently they WILL take into account size when it comes to calculating calories (you enter your personal information when you plug it into your computer), but NOT when calculating Nike Fuel? This is a major flaw.

Your "fuel" is actually your calories burned and if you've entered in your weight in the Nike+ app then your calories burned are more accurately calculated than just going by a number on a machine where you didn't put in your weight. I personally change my weight in my app every week so I can track properly. And while I do not want the fuelband b/c I like tracking my steps/fuel/distance/calories/what have you with my iPod Nano since it plays music and what not. Plus I'm not interested in paying $149 dollars for a device that does less than what my Nano does. I feel that the $149 could be spent on something else (new workout shoes, workout clothes, new clothes for when I've lost weight, etc).

As for Nike Fuel...I'm having a freaking blast "running around the world" with my fuel points. I'm on my 6th city right now. :)