Circuit Training

Options
Hey all,

I am currently trying to burn some extra fat and don't want to lose too much muscle therefore I have been running 3x per week along with 2 circuits on the other days. I am following the Warrior Dash running schedule and was doing the Men's Health Spartacus workout. Everything was going great but my gym membership just ended and I am moving in a month so I wont have gym access for another couple of weeks.

I just wanted some circuit-type workouts that can be done with bodyweight or simple home remedies. PLEASE throw some ideas my way!

Thanks!

Replies

• KristynStephens15
    KristynStephens15 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    I really like the 30 day shred. It offers 3 different 25 minute work outs that are at home circuit training. If you are wanting a longer work out you can always do 2 levels back to back.
  • Nopedotjpeg
    Nopedotjpeg Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Burpees
    Push-Ups
    Air Bike/Bicycles/Sit-Ups/Crunches
    Dips
    Squats/Jump Squats/Pistol Squats
    Lunges
    Pull-Ups/Chin-Ups
    Jumping Jacks

Doing some combination of these in a circuit fashion would probably be what you're looking for.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Would getting a set of adjustable dumbbells and a bench be an option? That's a versatile setup and doesn't take too much room.
  • MNBardsley
    MNBardsley Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Kristyn: I will have to take a look at this...should I just Google 30 Day Shed? Thanks!
    Burpees
    Push-Ups
    Air Bike/Bicycles/Sit-Ups/Crunches
    Dips
    Squats/Jump Squats/Pistol Squats
    Lunges
    Pull-Ups/Chin-Ups
    Jumping Jacks

Doing some combination of these in a circuit fashion would probably be what you're looking for.

I actually did a version of this in my driveway (T.O. style!)
    3 sets of:
    50 jumping jacks
    20 pushups 50 squats
    10 burpees
    20 leg lifts
    20 crunches
    5 pull ups
    Then i followed it with some sprints and it was a KILLER. Thanks for the post, I may add the dips next time.
  • MNBardsley
    MNBardsley Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Taso: I had a bench and DB set before I got a gym membership. Since it will only be a month, I don't want to invest in anything. I am hoping to just do bodyweight or picking up detergent bottles/chairs/pullups on a tree, etc.

Totally agree that you can do almost EVERYTHING with a bench and dumbbells though.