Nude Art Model!

Options
I want to be one! Today I talked to one of the models (whose body type I adore! - sounds weird, but it reminds me of my own in a sense of how I'd look in 30 years if I kept up my fitness) and she asked me if I was interested in knowing more about becoming a nude art model. I know this will cause some uneasy feelings for my family and my boyfriend if they knew I was posing naked in front of artists, but I think it is empowering and well... I'm an artist and I see naked people daily so I don't find it weird... I finally have the courage to just say "I'm here, where do you want me to pose naked?" LOL! My boyfriend is surprisingly ok with the idea and is very supportive, I just know my strict family will be on my case.

How do you guys feel about nude art models? :)

Replies

• HorrorChix89
    HorrorChix89 Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options
    I'm a nude art model...well if you can call it art. Hmm bondage is art if shot right...so yeah i'm a nude art model. I love it. I see nothing wrong with anyone being one honestly. The last lady yo tie me up said "I shot people, not models." Made me feel a lot better about my jiggly tummy and back-fat.
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    Love it!!! If you want to do it then go for it. It has nothing to do with sex. I guess the first time might be a bit intimidating :)
  • iKapuniai
    iKapuniai Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    I'm an artist myself, and I think it's great. I especially love nude lady models... I find women sooo beautiful, and drawing/painting them onto a canvass results in such lovely pieces! Don't get me wrong, men are lovely too, but I love the curves and softness of a womans body better.

I say GO FOR IT! =)

Love and Alohas,
    Ihilani Kapuniai
  • SammyPacks
    SammyPacks Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    I'm a nude art model...well if you can call it art. Hmm bondage is art if shot right...so yeah i'm a nude art model. I love it. I see nothing wrong with anyone being one honestly. The last lady yo tie me up said "I shot people, not models." Made me feel a lot better about my jiggly tummy and back-fat.

That's what I love about the nude art models... they are PEOPLE. Ordinary people... not Play Boy Bunnies. And they are beautiful in their own ways. Thanks for the comment! I'd love to see some of your work :)
  • SammyPacks
    Options
    I'm an artist myself, and I think it's great. I especially love nude lady models... I find women sooo beautiful, and drawing/painting them onto a canvass results in such lovely pieces! Don't get me wrong, men are lovely too, but I love the curves and softness of a womans body better.

I say GO FOR IT! =)

Love and Alohas,
    Ihilani Kapuniai

Thanks! I feel the same way... I much rather prefer to have a woman model come in for the day, and we get the same people so it's nice and we become familiar with the person. My favorites to draw/sketch are always Sarah and Peggy :)! They make amazing pieces... today was midterm for Life and Gesture and luckily I got to do Peggy for my midterm!
  • LuckyAng
    LuckyAng Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    The human body is a beautiful thing. All shapes and sizes. I love that you are considering this, as I have considered it myself at times (long ago).
  • SammyPacks
    Options
    Love it!!! If you want to do it then go for it. It has nothing to do with sex. I guess the first time might be a bit intimidating :)

I know the first few times I'd feel uneasy (mainly cause the people I'd pose in front of are my peers at school), but to be honest I don't find it sexual and I would still smile and wave to them in any other class haha
  • ehabboutros
    Options
    I used to draw nude models during my art class. I know some people might have their own opinions on it. I personally think is the female body in the nude is very artistic and inspiring. The gestures, lines and curve. At one point I could even feel the skin communicates feelings. Well I didn't draw a live model since umm 9 years now. I don't think my hands will stay have the same touch on the charcoals :(
  • SammyPacks
    Options
    You should definitely pick up that charcoal again! Don't let an awesome talent slip away :)~
  • SammyPacks
    Options
    The human body is a beautiful thing. All shapes and sizes. I love that you are considering this, as I have considered it myself at times (long ago).

I saw your pictures... you'd be a great model! You've got an awesome body!!!
  • onefourone
    Options
    I think it is excellent. I think anyone comfortable enough with there body to do something like that is amazing. Plus from an artistic stand point the womans body is a beautiful work of art. love to draw them.
  • AlbertPooHoles
    AlbertPooHoles Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I liked to draw little sketches of the girls on my cocktail napkins, but the manager thought it was creepy and asked me not to come in anymore.

I sure miss the lunch specials.
  • SammyPacks
    Options
    I liked to draw little sketches of the girls on my cocktail napkins, but the manager thought it was creepy and asked me not to come in anymore.

I sure miss the lunch specials.

Loool... every week I go around to different places and sketch different people and they think I'm just creepy...