Bad Friends

Options
musicstardust67
musicstardust67 Posts: 299 Member
Not the most pleasant topic but anyone have any friendship stories to share?

I guess I'll start. I was friends with this chick most of last year. We lived states away and I have a lot of trust issues and after only a short time I was talking to her she was already calling me her best friend. Should have seen that as a red flag. I'd ask questions time to time about her ex (who was a complete and utter dousch!) and that automatically meant I wanted her ex. Woooow. Then after awhile she'd do this thing where she'd ignore me for a few weeks then act like it never happened. And no it wasn't because she was busy because she'd text me all the time before that and we got along great. I discovered after awhile she was super selfish because I'd confront her about blowing me off and ignoring me all the time and then she'd say sorry and wouldn't do it again and of course she did. Then If I was talking to her on facebook or something, I'd hint at the fact that I was upset about what she was doing and she'd reply with something like "We you referring to me?". Ummm duhhhh. So ya I ended up blocking her cuz she deleted me cuz I took her off my friends list on this diary site im on. Needless to say I don't miss her as a friend. Too much bs.

Replies

• MoogieOh
    MoogieOh Posts: 141
    Options
    She seems a little psycho..
  • Trinketona
    Options
    I have a similar one. I worked with this girl at Ross in 2008 and part of 2009, we would talk at work but that was pretty much it. Well I had her number and one day text ed her and from then we were always together. We even went to Albuquerque, New Mexico, Big Spring, Texas, and even to Universal Studios in California. I would pay for everything she never had to spend a dime. Well my mom told me that it seemed weird to her that she would never even try and pay for stuff and how come she never talked to me while working at Ross together. I just ignored her. Well my "friends" car broke down and she asked me if she could borrow money to buy a car. I told her I could lend her the down payment, she offered to get a notarized letter that she owed me and she would pay me if not I could take her to court. Stupid me I said it was okay. Well of course as soon as I handed the money over she turned into a complete stranger out of the money I let her borrow she only paid me back 5%. I tried to stay friends with her cause I really liked her but she kept ignoring my text messages and my post on her wall on facebook were I told her I missed her. So I decided to delete her and take money she owed me as a loss. But karma got her and good. The car she purchased broke down only months after buying it. She bought it cash now shes riding on a bicycle to the light rail to go to work. I knew that Karma would get her but not that fast. Now I've learned my lesson. She made me not trust people anymore and it sucks cause there are good people and she made it hard for me to trust. Now dont even trust my family. :(
  • musicstardust67
    musicstardust67 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Wow what a *****. Can't believe she wouldn't pay you back after you lent her all that money!
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    Not the most pleasant topic but anyone have any friendship stories to share?

I guess I'll start. I was friends with this chick most of last year. We lived states away and I have a lot of trust issues and after only a short time I was talking to her she was already calling me her best friend. Should have seen that as a red flag. I'd ask questions time to time about her ex (who was a complete and utter dousch!) and that automatically meant I wanted her ex. Woooow. Then after awhile she'd do this thing where she'd ignore me for a few weeks then act like it never happened. And no it wasn't because she was busy because she'd text me all the time before that and we got along great. I discovered after awhile she was super selfish because I'd confront her about blowing me off and ignoring me all the time and then she'd say sorry and wouldn't do it again and of course she did. Then If I was talking to her on facebook or something, I'd hint at the fact that I was upset about what she was doing and she'd reply with something like "We you referring to me?". Ummm duhhhh. So ya I ended up blocking her cuz she deleted me cuz I took her off my friends list on this diary site im on. Needless to say I don't miss her as a friend. Too much bs.

Well your certainly better off without her. That's like being back in the playground x
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    I have a similar one. I worked with this girl at Ross in 2008 and part of 2009, we would talk at work but that was pretty much it. Well I had her number and one day text ed her and from then we were always together. We even went to Albuquerque, New Mexico, Big Spring, Texas, and even to Universal Studios in California. I would pay for everything she never had to spend a dime. Well my mom told me that it seemed weird to her that she would never even try and pay for stuff and how come she never talked to me while working at Ross together. I just ignored her. Well my "friends" car broke down and she asked me if she could borrow money to buy a car. I told her I could lend her the down payment, she offered to get a notarized letter that she owed me and she would pay me if not I could take her to court. Stupid me I said it was okay. Well of course as soon as I handed the money over she turned into a complete stranger out of the money I let her borrow she only paid me back 5%. I tried to stay friends with her cause I really liked her but she kept ignoring my text messages and my post on her wall on facebook were I told her I missed her. So I decided to delete her and take money she owed me as a loss. But karma got her and good. The car she purchased broke down only months after buying it. She bought it cash now shes riding on a bicycle to the light rail to go to work. I knew that Karma would get her but not that fast. Now I've learned my lesson. She made me not trust people anymore and it sucks cause there are good people and she made it hard for me to trust. Now dont even trust my family. :(

Wow what a cow bag! So glad karma came around and that you got to witness it x
  • srenebailey
    srenebailey Posts: 39 Member
    Options

WAIT A MINUTE!!!! Don't distrust your family, LEARN TO TRUST YOUR INSTINCTS instead. Remember, it was your family who tried to warn you about her not ever talking to you at work, and about her not ever trying to pay for anything. I'm sure your instincts were going crazy when you lent her that money, but you ignored it just like you ignored your mom. I'm just saying, don't go around dis-trusting people. Just don't let people use you...and watch a little more Judge shows. You would have seen that one coming a mile away if you had been watching The People's Court or something. :-)

6544347.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • mariantodk
    Options
    its very dissapointing when you really like somebody as a friend,man or woman and they somehow manage to mack you around ,ignore texts,calls ,etc the point of the matter is that they are not reliable,they are not there for you when you need them and thats one of the important things about a good friend..been there...still waiting for some special friends to come into my life...:smooched:
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options

SOunds like a story from Judge Judy! I guess it's a hard way to learn a lesson about trust, though not even trusting your family is probably taking it a bit far!
  • chillijam1
    chillijam1 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    this sounds just like a friend i have she is so selfish to ,and never have i ever made her feel like shes made me feel ,thing its time to say good bye to the friendship :indifferent:
  • Trinketona
    Options
    Yesss im so glad to know how karma got her. lol Now I know that it was her loss not mine. When her car broke down she did shoot me a text and asked how I was and started telling me how her car needed some work and how it expensive it was. Every text I received from her I would read and laugh and hit DELETE!!!!!!!!!!!!

If she would of paid me or was still paying me and was right on time with her payments I would of told her to skip a payment and use that money to fix the car. BBBUUUutttttt NNOOO she didnt deserve for me to even read her messages.
  • Trinketona
    Options
    Well let me rephrase it. I don't distrust my family. Just now whenever they ask me, I tell them that we need to have a letter that they owe and have it notarized. I never did that before but now have to. Cause like I said on my bio I'm a single mom and cant afford to keep getting screwed over.
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options
    when i was an exchange student in high school one of my classmates started talking to me a lot. she didn't seem to have any friends although she was outgoing, and i didn't understand why not *durrr* For a week I would talk to her for a few minutes and share some of my candy. One day I bought a candy bar and split it in half. She was like, "I want all of it." I was like, ":laugh: " and she was like, ":huh: no really" then i was like, ":indifferent: " then she tried snatching it from me!! :cry: I walked away and she started following me around cussing me out. I was like, "What's your problem leave me alone!!!" and then I don't remember what happened because somehow she disappeared and we never spoke again :laugh:
  • Trinketona
    Options
    when i was an exchange student in high school one of my classmates started talking to me a lot. she didn't seem to have any friends although she was outgoing, and i didn't understand why not *durrr* For a week I would talk to her for a few minutes and share some of my candy. One day I bought a candy bar and split it in half. She was like, "I want all of it." I was like, ":laugh: " and she was like, ":huh: no really" then i was like, ":indifferent: " then she tried snatching it from me!! :cry: I walked away and she started following me around cussing me out. I was like, "What's your problem leave me alone!!!" and then I don't remember what happened because somehow she disappeared and we never spoke again :laugh:

Wow crazy ***** lol yours chased you and mine kept pushing me away.