When/how often do you weigh yourself?

Options

Replies

• jchocchip
    jchocchip Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Every morning on the wii wearing the same dressing gown. The wii plots a graph for me. I only log it on here once a week though.
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    Every monday, naked when I wake up. Tried less frequent but I lost my motivation. Can ruin my day a little if its a bad result but then I snap out of it. X
  • jodymcadam
    Options
    I LOL'd!! This reminds me of what my teenage son does... he comes flying out of the washroom after a number 2, and tells me how much weight he just lost... haha!
    I check before and after i pee, before and after i poo, before and after a jog, before and after a shower. Lol. Ever wondered how much poo and pee weighs? Lol. Well, i have. I have an inquiring mind, i cant help it.
  • CallmeSbo
    CallmeSbo Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    I LOL'd!! This reminds me of what my teenage son does... he comes flying out of the washroom after a number 2, and tells me how much weight he just lost... haha!
    I check before and after i pee, before and after i poo, before and after a jog, before and after a shower. Lol. Ever wondered how much poo and pee weighs? Lol. Well, i have. I have an inquiring mind, i cant help it.
    ha ha ha
  • tulip637
    Options
    I used to weigh myself once a week (same day and time). But I do monthly weigh-ins now. And I'm more focused on monitoring how many inches I lose nowadays! :)
  • DEANH21
    Options
    Every Thursday at 11:00am. That's what time and day it was when i joined myfitnesspal so i stick to it.

if the scales read higher than i thought i don't let it bother me, sometimes you might find that during that particular week you have exercised less for what ever reason. i was full of cold a last week so was unable to go out running or cycling as much as i usually do.
  • Lokah13
    Options
    I try not to weigh myself too much or often, because for me that's unmotivating. I go off the way my clothes fit. But I do weigh myself once a month between the 1st & 5th
  • beeruin
    beeruin Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Every day in the morning. Sometimes at night just to see if I can guess what I will weigh in the morning. :D

I totally do this every day. I love that game!
  • sdlr4592
    Options
    I weigh on the first Saturday of every month around 10am. That's it. :)
  • Demmuscles
    Demmuscles Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Once a week for me, Sat mornings down at the chemist - so clothed. I don't keep scales at home because I don't want to obsess.
  • FuneralForMyFat
    Options
    Officially once a week every weds morning after i got to the toilet, showered etc but I cant help but check every other day during the week, I find it really interesting to see my weight fluctuate so much :)
  • Noof91
    Noof91 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    i weight myself every Friday morning with my light pajamas on
  • led6777
    led6777 Posts: 268
    Options
    Why would the search function even be relevant? Do you honestly think I'm looking for a fact on this topic?? ROFL I asked the question to get conversation going. kthx.

I weigh myself daily, but not before I take the time to learn about MFP's wonderful SEARCH FUNCTION!

He meant that you could have done a search to see if this topic has been covered in previous MFP forum threads. It bothers some people when there are multiple threads regarding the exact same topic.

To answer the question, though, I weigh myself about every 2 days in the morning :)
  • FruitLoop05317
    Options
    Be honest...

Do you get completely naked and weigh yourself in the morning? At the end of the night? Do you weigh yourself multiple times a day, or do you stick to a once per week weigh in ritual? Maybe you just go by how your clothes feel, or by measurements?

If the numbers on the scale aren't what you were hoping they would be, do you let it ruin your day?

I want to know many others are a slave to their scale?
    several times daily and always naked...but thats just me
  • Akijade
    Akijade Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    In the mornings generally a few times a week, but it's only "official" on Fridays. :)
  • Pookylou
    Pookylou Posts: 988 Member
    Options
    Every morning, naked after the bathroom, just to see what is going on! I don't worry if it goes up a bit. My official weight in is once a week, after a rest day usually a Saturday/Sunday
  • SammyPacks
    SammyPacks Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    Once a month minimum and once a week max. Must be in the morning and must be nude LOL!
  • TheFitnessTutor
    TheFitnessTutor Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Every day i workout, before I workout. I'm not in the gym everyday so sometimes I go a day or two without weighing.
  • pjlaciste
    Options
    several times a day, its a habit haha =]
  • merith101
    merith101 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Once a week, first thing in the morning before breakfast.