NO tummy tuck for me (:

Options
kandyjo
kandyjo Posts: 4,648 Member
Ok, I was seriously thinking that as much as my stomach has stretch out between having two kiddos and being overweight, I could lose the weight, but still have to get a tummy tuck to get rid of the extra, stretched out, ugly skin....
Ok, well, guess what.... I don't think that will be the case. AND I'm thrilled. This is why:
I have only been doing what I am doing for two weeks (not even that. I started last Monday). I haven't seen the scale move but 2 lbs, but I have lost a lot of inches. (doesn't really make a whole lot of sense to me, but I'm still happy about it). My saggy skin has shrank!!! SEriously. It is just shrinking up!! I am supper thrilled about it. All of you women out there know what a big deal this is. I HATE the way my tummy looks (especially that pooch...you all know where I'm talking about).....But I have been watching it and it is defnitely shrinking...clothes is fitting better...I don't mind my husband seeing me in my underwear with the lights on :laugh: :laugh:
YAY!!!! I am just really happy that I am this stoked about my results only about 1 1/2 weeks in. I can't wait to see what the next month, two months, three months, etc will bring!!!
I AM ready to see the scale move though....but it will come. I am doing too much work for it not too.
I hope this has encouraged someone today. Stay with it!!!!! Even if the scale isn't moving as fast as you want it to be..... Find something to get excited about!!! I'm in this for the long haul. I hope you are to :smile:
:heart:

Replies

• HipsLipsMama
    Options
    YAY!!!! good job girl! i know what you mean, i have that bit of extra skin from my pregancy too, but it is slowly disappearing! my sister used to have it bad, now her stomach is ROCK hard with a 6 pack and she is at around 120 lbs size 3/5. so we know it can be done!!! cheers :drinker:
  • lisamac
    lisamac Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Very encouraging! Thanks, and GREAT JOB!
  • kimster
    kimster Posts: 21
    Options
    Awesome! Looking forward to my skin shrinking too (esp since i had 2 in there at a time!)

That is great news - keep up the good work!
  • kandyjo
    Options
    THanks!!!!
    AH...."rock hard six pack"!!! :laugh: :laugh:
    That sounds awesome!!! :happy:
    I am really excited about it shrinking up. I had one person tell me that it probably wouldn't and the only thing would be to get a tummy tuck!!! Yeah....don't believe everything you hear.... HARD WORK!! will usually get er done!! :happy:
  • skinnydreams
    skinnydreams Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    That's great to hear, something else to look forward to!!!!!!!! 3 kids have reaked havoc on my tummy!!!
  • ericawebb11
    Options
    congrats girl! that's awesome! definitely an inspiration for all of us who are just starting out!
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    THanks!!!!
    I am really excited about it shrinking up. I had one person tell me that it probably wouldn't and the only thing would be to get a tummy tuck!!! Yeah....don't believe everything you hear.... HARD WORK!! will usually get er done!! :happy:

bahh, don't listen to them. It'll shrink, maybe not be tight as a drum or anything, but you're only 32, your skin still has plenty of elasticity to it, if you eat right, exercise, and don't yo yo, it'll shrink up for you.

FYI, the MOST important thing while losing weight with regards to skin, is to make sure you are getting the right amounts of micro nutrients! I.E. all your vitamins AND minerals (not just the right amount of calories), skin relys on many of these for proper color, elasticity, and texture.
  • LeanLioness
    LeanLioness Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    THanks!!!!

bahh, don't listen to them. It'll shrink, maybe not be tight as a drum or anything, but you're only 32, your skin still has plenty of elasticity to it, if you eat right, exercise, and don't yo yo, it'll shrink up for you.

FYI, the MOST important thing while losing weight with regards to skin, is to make sure you are getting the right amounts of micro nutrients! I.E. all your vitamins AND minerals (not just the right amount of calories), skin relys on many of these for proper color, elasticity, and texture.

In addition to what was said in this post I quoted...........make sure you have enough fat in your eating plan too.

If you don't have enough fat to go along with everything else you are doing, your skin will suffer for it........

When I switched from a low calorie, high carb eating plan and went to a lower, controlled carb and higher fat eating plan (eating whole, natural foods) - my skin thanked me for it.
  • LeanLioness
    Options
    Here is a good article to read................

http://www.bodyfatguide.com/LooseSkin.htm
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    THanks!!!!

In addition to what was said in this post I quoted...........make sure you have enough fat in your eating plan too.

If you don't have enough fat to go along with everything else you are doing, your skin will suffer for it........

When I switched from a low calorie, high carb eating plan and went to a lower, controlled carb and higher fat eating plan (eating whole, natural foods) - my skin thanked me for it.

HOW did I forget to mention that???!!! :explode: :explode: :explode:
    Duh! Yeah, thanks LL for pointing that out. Fat is how many vitamins are transported, take all those good vitamins and forget to eat good fats, and it get's you nowhere!
  • kandyjo
    Options
    Here is a good article to read................

http://www.bodyfatguide.com/LooseSkin.htm

THANKS!!!!
  • kandyjo
    Options
    THanks!!!!

Duh! Yeah, thanks LL for pointing that out. Fat is how many vitamins are transported, take all those good vitamins and forget to eat good fats, and it get's you nowhere!

:laugh: Sometimes even the MFP Guru can miss something :laugh:
  • vanimami
    vanimami Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Way to go! I wish I had such big results right away, but my time will come! That is motivating me to keep it up :drinker:
  • LeanLioness
    Options

Not only is fat the transporter for a lot of vitamins and such, it also helps to moisturize your body from the inside out..........

So drink your water and eat good fats and you will see less stretch marks and your skin will firm up and snap back into place........

:drinker: :bigsmile: :drinker: :bigsmile: :drinker: :bigsmile:
  • vanimami
    vanimami Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    THanks!!!!

FUNNY HAHHAHAHA :laugh:
  • LB12
    LB12 Posts: 12
    Options
    WOW I did NOT know that LL! Thanks for the info:bigsmile: Now I know what to look out for. I have what I think is called "Mother's Apron" But, the thing is I haven't had any kids yet:ohwell: So I'm hoping it does go away, or at least shrink a little!:sad:

213328.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Online Calorie Counter