Zumba

Options

Replies

• Aerohead21
    Aerohead21 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I do Zumba and Just Dance for the Wii, and Richard Simmons. I also go walking with friends. Between these four things I have lost 19 pounds in one month. Zumba is the hardest of them, but it is quite a bit of fun even with my two left feet :)
  • Allie_71
    Allie_71 Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    Hi there. I've been an instructor for 2 years and have lost 65 lbs pretty much with zumba. It's a great cardio burn :)
  • Molly182
    Molly182 Posts: 406
    Options
    I've never tried Zumba, but I just put a hold for a few different Zumba dvd's at the library to see what all the fuss is about.
  • damom68
    damom68 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    How often do you do the zumba and would you recommend starting with zumba 1 for the wii first?
  • mmuzzatti
    mmuzzatti Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Yep I Zumba, just about the only guy in the class but I still look like a retard doing it but who cares!
  • fatmama4
    fatmama4 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I do zumba 4 times a week at the gym, each class is an hour. I lost 20lbs in the first 5 months, without watching what I was eating. The toning effect is awesome too! I'm totally addicted!
  • Teresa3612
    Teresa3612 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Zumba! I have the Wii game, the videos, and I go to a class 2x a week when I can. I have also done Zumba in the circuit at Curves. The game is okay, the videos are good, but doing it with friends is the best. I would go everyday if I had the time. It is great for toning, especially the belly dancing part!:love:
  • chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options
    i zumba. my DD begged me to go with her to try it once. that was over 6 months ago. i go 2Xs a week. and i just started doing werq which is a zumba like dance. they use different music. i was doing 60 mins of werq and right after 60 min zumba. but, it just became too much on me. in fact my zumba instructor is on fitness pal. love her. i also have zumba 2 for the wii. don't really use it much. i like my classes with people i have become to know.
    zumba toning tonight.......
  • StacyS222
    Options
    Hi! I am attending a 1-hour class at my church twice a week. We have an AWESOME instructor who works us out, but keeps it fun. I also have the Exhilarate DVD, which I do at home at least twice a week. It's a great, fun workout. I can't imagine getting bored with Zumba!
  • nixnax
    nixnax Posts: 42
    Options
    After the gym on monday and Zumba last night, it is safe to say that I ache a little. loved it though :)
  • juliemaplehurst
    Options
    Totally Love it ! My instructor is a normal shape with a wicked sense of humour.........she keeps us all going even through the painful squats at Zumba toning....I have also got the DVDs and the ps3 game but it is much better in a group......I am also shredding and the results of the two are starting to show, old skinny jeans on today.........
  • ciikusmess
    Options
    I love Zumba and I am doing Zumba Advanced DVD at the moment although I mix it up with other exercises because I have plateaued before just by doing Zumba so I add onto it.

Its the most fun exercise though
  • flab2sixpack
    Options
    I started doing Zumba at my gym back in August. It SO much better than a treadmill or jogging! I do Zumba 2x/week now, I wear my HRM and I consistently burn anywhere from 700-900 calories per class. For me, personally, I find cardio dull and boring so a group class is perfect. Plus it's a lot of fun dancing anyways so it's a win-win deal!
  • TamikaHiniker
    Options
    I love Zumba, I go to the gym and take an hour long class there twice a week. I also Beto's Zumba DVD's with the toning sticks and love it also. I have been doing this for months and mys tomach has gone down alot in inches, even my love handles. It works!!
  • MrsStacie
    Options
    I love Zumba and I am doing Zumba Advanced DVD at the moment although I mix it up with other exercises because I have plateaued before just by doing Zumba so I add onto it.

Its the most fun exercise though

I also love Zumba and would like to know where you bought the Zumba Advanced DVD. Thanks!
  • ciikusmess
    Options

I also love Zumba and would like to know where you bought the Zumba Advanced DVD. Thanks!

Got it from my friend who lives in Australia
  • Fitwam
    Fitwam Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I have been debating on whether I should try to class or not locally. They have it twice a week.....
    It does look fun. Don't really care if anyone thinks I have two left feet. LOL...
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    I have promised my better half that I'd go with her but not so sure lol

go. it's fun. time flys by. I'm a 300 lbs. 6'3 man trying to blend in with 20-30 ladies. but I'm not alone, there's 1 other gentleman. 60 yr old (so he says but he looks more like in his late 40's) after going a few times it just feels natural. been going for a few months now. I suck but I have fun which is the important thing.
  • jmp33
    jmp33 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I have been doing zumba for a month now and love it. The time flies shen you are doing it!
  • melmist
    Options
    I love Zumba! I go to a class right up the street from my house. It's $5 a class with no contract! Just show up and dance. It is so much fun! We went for 70 minutes on Monday. I drank 4 cups of water thru the class and was sweating my butt off. First time I did it, I was so sore I thought it was body aches! Ha! I'm not as sore now, but can definitely tell that I've done it. I am trying to go at least 2 times a week. Based on my weight, I burned 582 calories Monday night doing it! You can't beat that!