Strength Training

Options
Looking for advice on the below, at the moment I complete this programme at the gym every other day however no calories are taken off. Can I add as something else?

Kettlebells Squat 3 10 8
Bench (Chest) Press, Machine 3 10 17
Static lunge w Kettlebells 3 10 4
Press up 3 10
Triceps Push Down 3 10
Abdominal Crunches 3 20
Plank 3 10

Replies

• Stacy533
    Stacy533 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Any advices appreciated
  • seekingstrengthX2
    Options
    What do you mean when you say "no calories are taken off"? I don't understand what you're asking.
  • addisondisease2
    addisondisease2 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    You need to add your circuit training in the cardio section to "take off calories"
  • Stacy533
    Options
    Sorry what I meant was I add it as strenghth training and this doesn't add to my daily burn, I need to put it into Cardio under diary but don't know on average how much calories this would burn.

Perhaps circuit training would cover?
  • Stacy533
    Options
    I think I now have the answer, enter in the cardio part as strength training
  • fasttrack27
    Options
    Need a HR monitor. Nobody will know how much you'd burn doing your routine, including MFP.
  • sparkie2bfit
    Options
    Thank you for the circuit training tip.
  • Dauntlessness
    Dauntlessness Posts: 1,489 Member
    Options
    Need a HR monitor. Nobody will know how much you'd burn doing your routine, including MFP.

This^
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    You can get an estimate under the cradio section (the strength training section is better looked at as a record of your weights. reps etc)

But it is only a rough estimate - strength training varies so much from person to person that a heart rate monitor is your best source. is this so you can eat back all your exercise calories? Or just to get an idea of the burn?