Weigh in days - How FAR do you go...

Options
.... to impress the scale?

I'm weighing in tomorrow and although not fearing it, I was disappointed last week when I stayed the same after some MAJOR efforts.
So, today I have eaten DINNER at Breakfast time. Drinking water and veg juice for the rest of the day!

Hoping for a fair weight loss tomorrow... I know I deserve it! :blushing:

Replies

• coquette87
    Options
    I really don't. I weigh in Monday morning. I don't do anything particular on Sunday. I also weigh myself daily though, so I track the overall trend rather than a single weekly number. On Saturday morning I was 124.8. On Monday morning (after an especially salty dinner on Sunday night), I was 125.2. I didn't fuss about the half pound I was up. It was water weight, I knew that. Sure enough, Tuesday I was 124.8 again. I know that if I'm eating right and moving, the scale will eventually reflect it.
  • Emilia6909
    Emilia6909 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I know that if I'm eating right and moving, the scale will eventually reflect it.

I completely agree! I only weigh once a week and it's just such bad luck when it catches you on a water weight day. That was my problem last week... this week I'm just making sure I get rid of the fluids by eating things that reduce it. :smile:
  • DreamLittleDarling
    DreamLittleDarling Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    I don't know that I really try to impress it. I mean... I weigh naked; that alone could be why it gives me mean numbers! LOL

I weigh every Friday morning, naked, after I pee, before I eat or drink anything. And I threaten the scale vigorously for a good 2 minutes before I step on. It's kinda a weekly tradition =)

hmm.... TMI?! LOL
  • MummyOfSeven
    MummyOfSeven Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I weigh every Friday morning, naked, after I pee, before I eat or drink anything. And I threaten the scale vigorously for a good 2 minutes before I step on. It's kinda a weekly tradition =)

LOL :laugh:

I weigh myself every Friday morning; in my underwear, after the bathroom and before breakfast.

I try not to eat anything too high in sodium the day before.
  • ClascyParra
    Options
    I don't know that I really try to impress it. I mean... I weigh naked; that alone could be why it gives me mean numbers! LOL

hmm.... TMI?! LOL

Glad to know its not just me who does this same routine LMAO!!!!
  • xMedullaOblongatax
    Options
    I weigh myself everyday I hit the gym, to see what affect any snacking has had on me (it's a TERRIBLE habit of mine).

I do not drink anything 1 hour before I go to the gym; at the gym, I only consume a splash or two of water, nothing to affect my weight. I learned that water weight is a big factor, which throws me off course.
  • justle
    justle Posts: 275 Member
    Options

hmm.... TMI?! LOL

i do the exact same thing on a sunday!
  • jimmie25
    jimmie25 Posts: 266
    Options
    I dont care about what the scale says. I take my measurements every month (which is a little more accurate than my scale) and weigh myself in every two weeks on monday mornings after going to the bathroom and before breakfast.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    If you play games to "fool" the scale you really didn't lose that much fat, a lot would be water weight or less food in your system. Just treat it like every other day, but get on the scale, this way you wont be lying to yourself thinking you weigh less then you do.
  • Jules221
    Jules221 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself Friday mornings right after waking up and going to the bathroom, but I keep my clothes on.
  • tonyacoursey
    tonyacoursey Posts: 404 Member
    Options

hmm.... TMI?! LOL
    [/quote]

I do the esxact same thing although on Fridays!
  • JNettie73
    JNettie73 Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options

hmm.... TMI?! LOL

ROFLMAO. This is hysterical. I love your sense of humor! :laugh:
  • GibsonDarlin
    GibsonDarlin Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    my goal is to stay off the scale daily... I weigh in on Friday mornings after my workout at the gym.

Today is Wednesday - no scale stepping so far for me:)

I use the weekdays to make me stay on track for a Friday weigh in, one weekend day is usually a bad food day for me.
  • Chloooe22
    Chloooe22 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I think that was my problem on Monday. Although i lost 2lb then i weighed my self today and the scales read id lost 4lb?! mmmm but then again it could be water ;)
  • CrazyDaisysMommy
    Options
    I'm currently giving the scale the silent treatment. I refuse to give it the satisfaction. I am not weighing myself again until I can pull my tight pants almost all the way off without unbuttoning them. And then I'm telling it that it's going into the spring yard sale.
  • medoria
    medoria Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Just for this reason I weight myself everyday and only record when I loose. Its not realistic that youve gained a pound or more in a day or two if you havent consumed over 3500 cals extra. What if you try to impress the scale real bad and still dont se a loss? Then that effort only becomes totally pointless.
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    Why go through all that drama?
    For what?
    All you are doing is manipulating the scale.
    Just weigh yourself daily and track the trend over several months.

It's just a number - a tool to gauge progress. There is no need to create stress out of thin air.
  • BeautySansTheBS
    Options

hmm.... TMI?! LOL

Ditto! I'm in good, if not slightly nutty, company! :D
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    I used to weigh myself every day for 6 months, then every week after that for couple months and now once a month starting as of february! making it a lifestyle change and not worrying about the stupid numbers (:
  • JNettie73
    JNettie73 Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    If you play games to "fool" the scale you really didn't lose that much fat, a lot would be water weight or less food in your system. Just treat it like every other day, but get on the scale, this way you wont be "cheating" yourself thinking you weigh less then you do.

Thank you for posting this. My thoughts exactly.

I get on the scale every morning to check my progress. Like someone else said, I don't get discouraged with the fluctuation of the numbers. Though I step on it daily, I only weigh in on Monday's. It is what it is. I don't get upset about it. I know I am working hard and eventually I will see a change. I also do my measurements monthly.

Edit for bad spelling. I am still waking up. Sorry. :ohwell: