Zumba Classes or Zumba Wii 2

Options
Has anyone had good weight loss results or a good amount of inches lost from doing the Zumba Wii fitness 2? Just started yesterday and burned 718 calories, was wondering if it will help me lose some inches?

Replies

• dixiech1ck
    dixiech1ck Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    I've lost 43 lbs doing both zumba classes and zumba 1 wii. Just got the 2nd wii dvd. Good luck - I love it! But change it up with some strength training exercises, like pushups, planks, etc.
  • april925
    Options
    WOW. good for you, that is great. thanks for the advise :)
  • crystal8208
    crystal8208 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I just started Zumba classes as well. A friend of mine (who was fairly fit to start with) lost 19 pounds doing Zumba and strength training.
  • jsyburkhead
    Options
    I've been doing Zumba DVD's and Zumba Wii for 2 weeks now and the inches are melting off! Such a fun workout and it's over before you know it! you'll have lots of energy from Zumba too!
  • Jessika_witha_k
    Options
    I LOVE Zumba- I did classes at the gym but when that got too pricey and PACKED full of people to the point we were all basically running into each other and stepping on each other... I got the Zumba 1 for Kinect. I love love love it - 20 minute beginners class has be sweating my butt off. I've been considering getting the zumba dvds to change it up a bit.

I also hear the dance games on wii and kinect are really awesome too (like Dance Central).
  • eudemonia
    eudemonia Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    i really like the classes, because i'm grooving with a lot of people in the room, instead of doing it by myself if i were using the wii. if you don't have time, wii is a good way to go, but if you do have the time, definitely try the classes-- they're so fun!
  • ast219
    ast219 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Zumba. I've lost 30 lbs and doing Zumba has been a big part of that. I have Wii Zumba 1 and 2. You definitely get a great workout. I'm about to start the Zumba DVDs, too, for some different routines! I definitely recommend!
  • kolyn75
    kolyn75 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • LaTee21
    LaTee21 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I love Zumba and it's a great calorie burner but I don't see a lot of changes to my body minus pounds lost. Now pounds lost is a good thing but it isn't shrinking my body like I want. I've just added Jillian M. 30 day shred to my Zumba recently so I'm hoping the combination of both will give me "Biggest Loser" type results

I do think you can tone w/ Zumba if you have the right instructor. I attend Zumba w/ 4 different instructors and they all have different styles. There is one instructor in my area that focuses on toning w/ her routines but unfortunately I cannot get to her classes.
  • Butterfly3730
    Options
    I have the Zumba wii 2 and I love it. I also do a variety of other things at home, outside and at the gym. But Zumba is just one of those fun workouts I add on to any day!
  • Wisemomoffour
    Wisemomoffour Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad this question was asked--I was wondering the same thing. I just can't get to classes and wondered if the Wii game was worth it. Sounds like it is, so I'll give it a try. Need some fun exercise to look forward to!
  • mgero212
    Options
    I just started using Zumba Fitness 2 for my Wii and I am in love with it! I love having the space at home to do it and not having to worry about getting super early to class at the gym to be able to partcipate. I saw an infomerical about Zumba and getting a DVD collection but it was too much so I went and got it for my Wii. Its really funny because the instuctors on the infomercial I just saw are the same people on the Wii game! I saved money but am pretty much doing the same thing. :):):):)
  • lik_11
    lik_11 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I use the Wii Zumba 2 three to four times per week, for convenience, but if I have the time- I go to a real class. Real classes are more fun with all the people/energy, and I burn more calories with the back to back songs- but I have a good time with the Wii game. I started playing the Wii game mid-December and have lost 7.5 pounds, so far.

Just to note- I use a HRM when I play the Wii- and the game overestimates my calories burned by about 25%.
  • l2rell
    l2rell Posts: 88
    Options
    Had my 2nd Zumba class tonight my first was on Monday enjoyed so much I went again tonite I just hope it helps to tone up my legs and shift the pounds
  • april925
    Options
    Thank you ladies for all your advise and inputs. I've been doing it for 3 days now..gonna try to stick with it to see if I notice any changes :) It's a really fun work out!!
  • mckshowie
    mckshowie Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    heyyy, i know this is a little late, but does anyone do the low intensity ones? i just got it and did it last night and this morning and both times did the high intensity. i can't imagine loving the low intensity... i even find the cool down song boring. thoughts?
  • srmchargue
    srmchargue Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    What do you guys log your Zumba under? I've just been logging it as:
    - Dancing, aerobic, ballet or modern, twist

But wasn't sure if there was something else?
  • msmissylowe
    Options
    What do you guys log your Zumba under? I've just been logging it as:
    - Dancing, aerobic, ballet or modern, twist

But wasn't sure if there was something else?

I was logging mine as 'Aerobic High Impact" per my Zumba instructor.
    I just recently saw somebody post this website. Myzumbacalories.com
    Go there and you can calculate about how much you are burning based on your weight.
    Go into your excercises and create your own excercise and you can click on that each time.
  • srmchargue
    srmchargue Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Thanks msmissylowe!! As much as I'm sweating I though the 112 I've been logging was low.

Dern it the site isn't coming up.
    Found it: http://www.zumbacalories.com/
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!