Please explain.

Options
Okay so this is confusing. How many calories should I eat a day and how many should i burn a day to lose 2 pounds a week?
Height: 5'3
CW:204
GW:153

Replies

• mtaylor404
    mtaylor404 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2, starting weight 150, goal weight 130 and my calorie intake was supposed to be 1200. Maybe that gives you an idea. I have lost about 6 and stick to that 1200 calories pretty closely. I generally eat around 1200 a day and then burn about 300 with running or aerobics 5 days a week. If you put your info into MFP it should tell you!
  • Calorie_Killa
    Options
    MFP can calculate this for you under your goals tab.
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Click on food at the top of the page. At the bottom of your foods page it will have your daily goals counted out for you.
  • marquesajen
    Options
    MFP can calculate it in the goals settings. When you workout log that too and you should eat back those calories you burn (the calories you need each day for your body to function are being burned so you need to eat them) and whatever your goal is (1/lb a week is standard) it will automatically adjust for that. so it tells me to eat 1500 to lose a pound a week. If I weren't losing weight I'd be eating closer to 1800/1900.