Drinking Water

Options
Alright, guys and gals... I need some creative ways to get more water into my body! My body is so used to being dehydrated I am NEVER thirsty. In fact, when I force myself to drink more than a sip or two at a time (even after a work out!), I feel like I am DROWNING. Whenever I have to give blood, it's a huge ordeal because my veins are never big enough (so I usually end up with ridiculous bruising).

I need some help/advice as to what you do to get that water in! Please note that I am not a fan of lemon water and am 100% against adding things in like Crystal Light (I pass on as(S!)partame).

Thank you for your help! =)

Replies

• peacefulwhisper
    peacefulwhisper Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hi... Have you ever tried drinking carbonated water, or as I like to call it Vassa Sprudel (german) lol..... I drink one that has no salt nothing added except bubbles Be careful when selecting one as you don't want to be drinking lots of salt. You can add a splash of taste by adding a bit of apple juice not too much just a splash for taste or squeeze some orange in it to make natural orange juice, again just enough to add taste. Another great trick is cucumber water. Make sure you get an organic cucumber so you dont have the pesticide taste in the water.Slice up a cucumber put it in a jug with water and you can add a squeeze of lime and let sit. Hope that helps. I have a hard time drinking enough water as well,but luckily I like lemon.
  • RachelLovesHockey
    Options
    MiO does not contain aspartame. MiO Energy Green Thunder is my favorite; its helping me to consume less Diet Mountain Dew.
  • newfieborn
    Options
    If you really can't drink water, you should try other means of increasing your water intake. One source could be eating lots of Iceberg Lettuce. This lettuce is realatively low in nutrition but it contains lots of water. 100 grams of lettuce gives you 95.6 grams of water. You can also eat more Watermelon or Tomatoes. You must also reduce you caffeine intake because this dehydrates you. Good luck.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Drink something else that you like. I drink tea, soy milk, V8 in addition to plain water. Eat fruit, it is loaded with water. Many vegetables have a lot of water as well, an internet search will give a list of those with the most. Eat meals that contain lots of water in them - soups, stews, rice and other grains.
  • maddymama
    maddymama Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    Try herbal teas (tisanes)... I drink tons of herbal teas... yummy. A good one to try is Celestial Seasonings Cinnamon Apple Spice... the longer it brews the sweeter it is.
  • bolducjc
    bolducjc Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Watermellon! My boyfriend and I get one of those mini watermellons cut it in half and we each eat a half ... super good for you and very hydrating!
  • meaghanls
    Options
    Thanks for all your ideas... Maybe I'm not as dehydrated as I thought. I am vegan and do ingest plenty of fruits and vegetables, I'm just hoping to add to my actual water intake. Thanks again!
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    Adding a lemon wedge or a cucumber slice might make water more palatable.
    Just keep sipping at it all day long and next thing you know you've got plenty of water in you!
  • k4evans1
    k4evans1 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    MiO is SO good it weirds me out! There has to be something bad about it to be so tasty!