Having a Hard time. Desperate need of help....

Options
Okay, I am very impatient, but I also know I shouldn't be gaining weight and inches with how much I exercise.
Can someone please help me? And please....I don't need critques on what I've already eaten, so please do go on and on about my food diary... I need to know what I need to eat, and if I'm eating too many calories. I know I'm working out like 5 hours a week so I shouldn't be gaining. Please help me, I half way want to give up or just cut tons of calories. Please give me suggestions on what to eat.

Replies

• erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    with only 15lbs left to lose your weekly weight loss goal should be set at 0.5lbs/week, and you should be eating back cals burned from exercise (60-75% if you are using a machine or MFP to estimate, or 90-100% if using a HRM).

I would also suggest lifting heavy weights if you are not already. (lift as heavy as you can to do 8-12 reps with the last 2 or so reps in every set hard to complete with good form.

Looking at your diary it seems more often then not you are over your caloric intake, I'm not sure what your goal is set at but if you are on 0.5lbs and you go over there is only a cushion of 250 cals so if you are over by more than 250 you are in weight gain territory.

Also you if you are not already you may want to make sure you are weighing solid food and measuring liquids. Most people under-estimate actual intake.
  • AlexJourneyHall
    AlexJourneyHall Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    with only 15lbs left to lose your weekly weight loss goal should be set at 0.5lbs/week, and you should be eating back cals burned from exercise (60-75% if you are using a machine or MFP to estimate, or 90-100% if using a HRM).

I would also suggest lifting heavy weights if you are not already. (lift as heavy as you can to do 8-12 reps with the last 2 or so reps in every set hard to complete with good form.

Looking at your diary it seems more often then not you are over your caloric intake, I'm not sure what your goal is set at but if you are on 0.5lbs and you go over there is only a cushion of 250 cals so if you are over by more than 250 you are in weight gain territory.

Also you if you are not already you may want to make sure you are weighing solid food and measuring liquids. Most people under-estimate actual intake.

I don't eat back calories burned because I eat more than the set amount the next day.
    I do lift as heavy as I can already and I try to increase whenever possible.

My calorie goal is different for certain days because I do weight lifting on the days that I eat more than the certain goal listed. I also do measure all my solid foods and measure the liquids