Slim in 6

Options
fitzfour
fitzfour Posts: 1,306 Member
I've seen a lot of MFPers mention this program, but I've never tried it. My SIL uses it and loves it. My question is this, for those of you that own this, what is it comparable to? Is it high intensity like a Turbo Jam or 30 Day Shred? Does each DVD have strength and cardio? I'm doing Chalean Extreme now and incorporating Turbo Jam and Hip Hop Abs for cardio, but when I'm done with CE, I'd like to do some DVD's that have both cardio and strength together. Let me know your thoughts, please!

Replies

• ccleadbyexample
    Options
    Hey there..I have this but haven't started it yet as I am doing the programs you are. If you want..I can open it and view it and give you some feedback?? I do know that it uses less resistance to do more light toning..I think more along the lines of dancer body..whereas ChaLEAN is more intense (or as she says..let's get EXTREME baby!).
    Also, if you are on team beach body..add me as a fitness buddy (ccfett)..I always love fellow turbo jammers or ChaLEAN!
  • Hotmomma20
    Hotmomma20 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    It has both cardio and strength. I absolutely love the workout. I was seeing a difference in inches the first 2 weeks. Some of the moves take a little bit to practice so don't feel bad if you can't do them all. The more you do it the easier it gets. I don't have slim in 6 anymore though. I let my sis borrow it and I haven't seen it since...;) Good Luck...hope this helps.
  • fitzfour
    fitzfour Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    Hey there..I have this but haven't started it yet as I am doing the programs you are. If you want..I can open it and view it and give you some feedback?? I do know that it uses less resistance to do more light toning..I think more along the lines of dancer body..whereas ChaLEAN is more intense (or as she says..let's get EXTREME baby!).
    Also, if you are on team beach body..add me as a fitness buddy (ccfett)..I always love fellow turbo jammers or ChaLEAN!

Let me know what you think once you have a chance to view it. Very curious how it compares to CE. I'm sure it will be less intense, but I want to make sure I'm getting a good workout from it and not getting bored. I love the CE Burn Intervals and like to train like that, so I'm hoping I can find another program (besides CE or Jillian Michaels) that also does something similar so I can mix it up.

Erika